Kronix v0.1a | AntiSpam-Remotes | Module

Kronix is a Module that can help you secure your remotes by preventing spamming. Basically, if an exploiter fires a remote really fast, they will be punished.

Configurations:

• max → how many times the remote can be fired within given [duration]
  • duration → if the remote is fired [max] times in [duration] seconds, it will return false (means remote was spammed)
  • accurate → decreases duration by 1/4 seconds, allowing the remote to be fired [max]+1 times in given duration
  • kick → kick player if they spammed
  • debug → enables debug

Please refrain from using Kronix on constantly fired remotes (from fast loops).
Source, Place example (Source in ServerScriptService.Script):
Kronix.rbxl (360.3 KB)

How to use?

local Remote = RepStorage:WaitForChild('RemoteEvent'); --// the remote
local Kronix = require(6451897328); --// the module

Remote.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(plr)
	local check = Kronix.security({
		player = plr; -- player object
		remote = Remote; -- remote instance
		-- duration = time (seconds) // default: 1, how much time it takes to reset the fires
		-- max = amount (number) // default: 3, if player fired remote x times too fast, it will return false
		-- accurate = boolean // default: false, decreases duration by 1/4 seconds
		-- kick = boolean // default: false, kicks player if they spam remote and throws an error to cancel the script execution
		-- debug = boolean // default: false, enables debug for current remote, if script errors because it misses player/remote, it will throw a fake error and return true
	});

--[[
		check is always a boolean
		if check is false, it means player spammed remote
		if check is true, it means player didn't spam remote
	]]

if not check then
		return plr:Kick('Remote Fired too fast!'); --// custom kick message, can be anything you want, here you punish players for spamming the remote
	end;

--// rest of your script
	plr.leaderstats.Clicks.Value += 1;
end);

If you need help with anything, please don’t hesistate to ask.
Anything you wish me to add or change, please let me know.

5 Likes

I think this a real smart idea to prevent Remote Spams such as for games such as simulators that require server-client communication. Great work :+1: