[PLUGIN] ScriptMate - Learn to script now! (15K+ Installs)

scriptmate_installpluginscriptmate_watchseries

:calling: 15,000+ Installs
:+1: 90% Like Ratio
:white_check_mark: Great Reviews

Coding challenges & VERY FAST tutorials!

Save time. Use & create macros!

Don’t waste your time. Learn now.

scriptmate_installplugin

Watch videos

The Beginner Series
:arrow_forward: Episode 1 - Introduction
:arrow_forward: Episode 2 - If Statements
:arrow_forward: Episode 3 - Loops
:arrow_forward: Episode 4 - Tables
:arrow_forward: Episode 5 - Functions
:arrow_forward: Episode 6 - Instances
:arrow_forward: Episode 7 - LocalScript & ModuleScript
:arrow_forward: Episode 8 - RemoteEvent & RemoteFunction
:arrow_forward: Episode 9 - Now What?

Various Tutorials
:arrow_forward: Learn TweenService

Learn more

What is ScriptMate?

ScriptMate is an educational plugin for Roblox Studio that offers a range of fast-paced tutorials, scripting challenges and quizzes for aspiring developers.

Not convinced? ScriptMate also includes a customisable macro feature, which allows you to auto-fill your scripts with confusing code!

Interested in scripting? Give it a go!

Why did I create these resources?

When I was learning to script years ago, I vividly remember finding a lot of the existing tutorials & resources being too difficult for me to sit through.

I was never able to find anything that just gave me the information I wanted to hear, but I had to learn everything I know today over a long period, through a range of different resources.

As a result, I created a straight-to-the-point tutorial series, alongside this plugin, both designed to feature everything you need to get into scripting on Roblox.

Whether you’re brand new to scripting, or looking to improve your skills, the series is designed to be something that everyone can benefit from, without being an unnecessarily difficult experience.

Other Notes

Additional Information
  • Some content might seem unnecessary at first, but everything mentioned is an essential part of the learning process, and will heavily affect your ability to write your own scripts if you choose to ignore them.

If you’re using the series as a learning resource, please consider this before skipping anything you don’t understand, or find unimportant!

• I completely acknowledge that some of you, notably non-native English speakers, might have difficulty understanding everything due to the speed of the content.

Each tutorial includes fully scripted subtitles, the ability to reduce the playback speed in the YouTube player settings, and the ability to gain experience directly from the plugin content.

If none of this is of interest to you, I would recommend looking into other tutorials on YouTube that you find more suitable. These tutorials are simply to fill, what I feel is a gap in current resources.

Changelog

Good luck on your scripting journey! :smile:

105 Likes

Just watched some of the videos and they look great so far!

6 Likes

The plugin link doesnt work. Nice video though, nice and fast for new people to get a rough idea

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m not sure why you can’t access the plugin, the link seems to be working fine for me.

Below is the link in an embedded format, perhaps this will work for you, if you would like to try the plugin?

Alternatively, the plugin is linked in the description of each episode in the series, so you can find it there instead.

8 Likes

This playlist is a really great overview of the main topics for Roblox scripting. I will be sending this to anyone who needs a place to start or help with a specific topic such as remote events.

2 Likes

I swear like whenever we learned to script the youtube tutorials sucked then suddenly all the youtube tutorials became good after we learned…

8 Likes

I feel like it’s outdated, hasn’t been updated for a month

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean exactly, could you clarify?

If you’re talking about the plugin not having been updated for a month, the content is taken from a JSON file via HttpService, so any updates aren’t reflected in the plugin’s last update date.

As for the content in the videos, everything should be completely up-to-date, unless you believe otherwise?

1 Like

Nice roblox banner advertisement lol

1 Like

Thank you for this. I especially like the quiz part since with other tutorials I can’t see what I remember and what I forgot. Are you still continuing these videos?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I might continue making similar videos when I have more time outside of university work, but it ultimately depends on how well the videos perform and whether I am motivated enough to continue with them.

I do think it would be cool to turn the channel into something bigger, so it’s very much a possibility once I have some more free time.

1 Like

Oh so if there’s a bug. You would fix it on GitHub and it would automatically change on roblox

The plugin only pulls tutorial data via HttpService. So if I were to add more episodes or modify a challenge, that wouldn’t require an update.

Any other changes to the plugin would require an update though, but that hasn’t been necessary since releasing it.

Must say, you’re awesome! Your videos’ quality, the entire idea of short, but very informative videos is amazing! Thank you very much for doing such step for scripting beginners! I hope to see more tutorials from you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback! :smiley:

I am definitely considering making additional videos and tutorials, it would just be dependant on when I have some free time to dedicate to them.

If you have any suggestions or anything, be sure to let me know!

3 Likes

I would love to know more about advanced ui and parts tweening, because it’s very useful in regular cases. It would also be nice if you could show how to make different custom proximity prompts, as this is interesting thing, for example SurfaceGUI and ScreenGUI prompts.
Anyways, I’m so excited for your next tutorials!

See you soon!
:handshake:

ScriptMate v1.1 is now live!

General quality-of-life improvements include…

• Altered plugin UX to assume it as the main tool, with suggested video tutorials on the side.
  • Visual improvements incl. font, icons and buttons, to be consistent with new branding.
  • Reduced minimum widget height, to improve experience for users with smaller displays.
  • Various bug fixes
    • Plugin now regenerates any corrupted episode data, rather than soft-locking (unlikely)
    • All challenge script environments default to placing cursor at bottom of script

What’s coming?

I am considering releasing YouTube tutorials on more specific areas of the Engine API. Any future videos released will also be introduced alongside a matching set of challenges, so look forward to that!

Additionally, I’d like to offer extra challenges in future updates, for people that have completed the series and are looking for ideas of general starter projects to try. These could be much larger scale than content currently available.

If you are interested in helping produce challenges, or you have any ideas, please let me know!

Bugs?

If you find an issue with the latest version, please be sure to report it here so that it can be resolved as soon as possible.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

I know right I like it. Epic infact.

Thanks a lot for this, hugely appreciate the work you are doing for the community
Thanks.

For this

-- josh is 19 today, so we assign the variable to the current age
joshAge = 19

-- it is his birthday tomorrow
-- we add 1 to josh's age to get his age tomorrow
joshAge = joshAge + 1

-- we print the value of joshAge to the output
print(joshAge)

You can do this instead right? It works

joshAge = 19
print(joshAge+19)