Liking/UnLiking and Badge Rewarding broken on my topic

So a couple days ago I suggested a new feature when it came to the “new member process” I got some great feedback and my original post received 12 likes. A couple days went by and no “Nice Topic” badge had been rewarded so I decided to look into it.

Upon inspection and discussion within the discord community I had found out that not only was the badge not being awarded but users who had originally liked the post could not “unlike it” once they had clicked the like button:

Not sure what is causing this issue or if anybody else is having it but I thought it was strange.

1 Like

I believe it just takes a while for badges to show up. It took around two days to get the “Appreciated” badge added to my account.

I’m able to like and unlike your post just fine, it might be important for the users who originally liked your topic to post their browser details like it says in the About the Web Bugs category post.

Proof that I can unlike your post just fine, even after reloading:

As far as I know, the badge rewarding process might not work for topics in private categories, since it would be confusing for users without permissions to see a topic they can’t view on your profile. This seems to be true with Roblox’s badges, since the New Member FAQ has way more than 10 likes (50 likes when I typed this) and the badge is not shown on the account’s profile.

2 Likes

It is possible that the Inception Forum category does not contribute to these badge goals. I will ask.

3 Likes

The devforum has a system where you can like a post and only unlike it within 10 minutes of liking it.

CC @Unresolved

2 Likes

Ah okay, that would explain while older likes couldn’t be removed. I wasn’t sure if that was the case or not; and has anybody found if the badge is a glitch? Or is it just due to this being a private area of the forums?

I don’t think posts in private categories count toward badges due to non members being able to see badges but not the post it was awarded for.

It’s most likely because it’s a private area of the forums, I haven’t seen a single badge given for any topic I’ve checked in a private section, even if it’s multiple years old.

Edit: An example from somewhere besides Inception Forum is @RedDuck765’s “Every game requires effort” topic.

I think you’re correct. I’ve edited my post to reflect that

Official answer from the Discourse Meta, if anyone wants it.

1 Like