Linking player data to a third party website? Is it allowed and/or a good idea?

So, I want to make a website where my players can view all of their progress, badges, friends, and more in my games.

What I’m thinking of doing is making a website so I can easily script it to sync the player save data from every game (of mine) to my website. That way the players can see everything they want without having to leave the game and I have a way to use save data across games easily by syncing from the website instead of going through three or four other games first.

Another benefit of this is that when I make games off of roblox for steam or console, I can sync to the same website so it doesn’t matter if it’s a roblox game or not as long as its made by me and they are logged in in that game too.

The problem is, I’m going to need the players to make an account to log in with and link to their roblox account to so I know which played is which when saving and syncing data. Kinda like xbox live or nintendo switch online but free.

So, the question is: Is this allowed, and if it is, is this actually the best way to do it?

Now, before you go saying that it’s obviously again the tos. I would like to point out that there are other websites doing this too but I forgot what they are called so I can’t give any examples.

Thank you for reading this far and thank you for your answer. It will help a lot.

3 Likes

There are a lot of discord bots in which you can link your roblox account to it, i have done it multiple times, i havent been banned, so i guess doing that would be ok.

1 Like

Yes, but discord is trusted by roblox while a random site that I’m gonna put together maybe next month isn’t.

You can’t store data with a Roblox user that has the same username and password on your site.

Instead, I recommend that a player creates an own account on your site (without the need of giving away account information).

What you can do next is to make something that you can connect your Roblox account to (kinda what myCenter does), and then request data store information from that account there.

Ya, that’s what I was going to do. They make an account for my website and link that with their roblox username but not password.

1 Like

As long they aren’t required or needed to input a password that could be their account password, I think that it’s okay to make.

Well, they’re definitely going to need a password for my website because then someone could easily steal their account. Would it be fine if I write near the password input “Don’t use your roblox password!!!”

The password wouldn’t be needed for linking accounts.