ListenerType.ObjectCFrame Bug

Due to the lack of documentation I can’t be 100% sure of the intended behavior but I have video evidence of the previous behavior

The video is from this thread and it shows the expected behavior of ListenerType.ObjectCFrame

However today I discovered that ListenerType.ObjectCFrame behaves very differently from before and causes horrible UX with Sound playback.

When using SoundService.SetListener with ListenerType.ObjectCFrame Sound Playback has issues when moving the Camera in between the middle of a Sound Source which is the Character’s HumanoidRootPart, it is the same Part for both the Source and Listener

ListenerType ObjectCFrame Bug.rbxl (27.5 KB)

Code
	[Enum.ListenerType.ObjectPosition] = function()
		SoundService:SetListener(Enum.ListenerType.ObjectPosition, localPlayer.Character.HumanoidRootPart)
	end,

[Enum.ListenerType.ObjectCFrame] = function()
		SoundService:SetListener(Enum.ListenerType.ObjectCFrame, localPlayer.Character.HumanoidRootPart)
	end,

I’m going to speculate that this issue is caused by a FFlag “FFlagCleanupSoundUpdates”

Hi, thanks for the report! I think this shoud be fixed. Is the issue still present on your side?

Hello! This issue should now be fixed. Let us know if it still reproduces for you. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.