Live Code Editing

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to demonstrate and share code examples in real time with other users. When I first saw the collaborative scripting announcement I was excited to get some kind of Google docs style code editing. Not to say that the update isn’t great! I absolutely love it despite it not being what I thought and its brought in plenty of useful features.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because I would no longer have to rely on my computer’s resources and internet to share code in real time with users.

Sometimes I like to demonstrate and explain my code to other users as well as people I work with. I usually do this over platforms such as Discord so I can screenshare but this takes a lot of resources to do this and leads to low quality video as well as differences in aspect ratio (my monitor’s aspect ratio is almost 1:1 so screen sharing looks ridiculous on pretty much any other screen since the entire thing gets scaled down)

If I could share my code in real time in studio and allow users to execute my code as I type it this would greatly increase my ability to teach people how to use my own code as well as Roblox code in general and would even allow me to teach larger audiences if I, or others wanted to.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this! I would really enjoy something like this but I’m not sure how many others might.

1 Like

Please see:

Wow they beat me to it! I literally typed this up yesterday! Haha
Good to see others were hoping for something like this too.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Realtime Script Editing

Dupe of topic above