LiveCharacter [Module] - Live character/avatar updates while in-game! [No more resetting!]

See the cons section.
It works for R6, but not R15.

1 Like

Could you hide the old mesh and weld the new one to it?

1 Like

for what specifically, sorry if i’m missing context somewhere :v

edit
if you’re talking about meshes for accessories that are transported to the player character then it seems unnecessary because it’s utilizing roblox’s humanoid AddAccessory method and it handles all the aligning and positioning and welding.

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing! I can already see all the great things you can do with this! Good job! :clap:t3:

2 Likes

This is cool but wouldn’t this hurt server speed? You’re basically re-requesting the same model every second or so, which in a high player count scenario would eventually lead to slow server speed.

Even worse you would eventually end up in a scenario where there’s a bunch of people intentionally changing their avatar to something else and causing the server to slow down even more, that is not including other scripts running, physics simulation, replication and other stuff a developer would put into their game, which makes me doubt even more that a server would even survive that.

1 Like

I’m still concerned about the intentional avatar changing part, people can just equip different hats with different combinations and force the server to request their new avatar, resulting in slow server speed.

1 Like

May I use this in my game if I give credits? Let me know! :smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome to use my module and if you’d like to credit that’d be nice :heart:

1 Like

Wow! this is so useful! I’ll possible use it for my game, thank you so much for the module!

Wow! That is so cool! You should turn down the update speed though

1 Like

I’ll eventually provide a configurable setting to manage update speeds but currently it supports servers with 150 players so it’s more than enough.

1 Like

I’ve applied this request of yours

2 Likes

awesome! another thing i also noticed was that animation packs don’t replicate either but that’s kind of its own can of worms in and of itself. definitely gonna add this!

1 Like

@nurokoi Can you uncopylocked the place?

It’s uncopylocked now, Click Here.

2 Likes

I’ve just now applied R15 animation replication to the module.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Also why it is not FE? (Filter Enabled)
" This game may not function as intended. The developer needs to update the game." it on your game on website.

I’m going to be blunt for a second: This doesn’t have an extremely useful implementation for some games. By testing, you can switch between particular costumes to glitch aspects of the game. (Hopefully fixable)

However, I find it impressive that you made a way to update the character in such a way, and I can see this getting used in hangouts or café games.

Not sure why, but it’s filtering enabled for me.image

1 Like

Strange, I was switching from a few of my costumes and I somehow clipped through a part.