Local Movement with selected parts

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to locally rotate or move multiple parts that you select.

At the moment you must group the parts to do so.

What I want is the ability to select multiple parts with either shift or ctrl and then be able to get the options I can get if the parts were grouped.

EDIT: What I mean

9 Likes

This is a useful feature and all, but I’m pretty sure I just saw you rotate parts as if they were grouped in the first gif, now I’m confused on what you’re suggesting.

1 Like

You will notice how I can’t rotate the group along their normal axis if I select both of them by holding down ctrl, where as if they are grouped; you can.

Oh, I see. I wonder if the behaviour changes when you go to studio settings and enable “Move multiple parts as one” option.

2 Likes

Oh? Where is this option located?

1 Like

Nah, doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

Better example:

Support! I could have just used this yesterday evening and saved myself a world of trouble.

2 Likes

Support. So much support.

1 Like

@Nightgaladeld could you pass this along to someone who works in this field?

Seems more like a bug since you can do it when the parts are grouped but not selected.

Hi SerClockwerk,

At the moment, this is intentional and would not be classified as a bug. Thank you for creating a feature request about it. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

1 Like

Do we have this yet?

Nope :frowning: I’m starting to get to a point where I use mostly the default tools and I am really liking it. Would love to not to open a plugin just to move or rotate highlighted parts.

It has been one year since I last made a post on this, but I want to emphasize how much time this could save, or how much that me (and potentially many developers) can have a less of a pain when building, if this was implemented.

Many times I wanted to move several parts selected with local movement, but to move locally, I’d have to either force it into a model and ungroup it after I move it, which is a very big pain. Developers shouldn’t have to always use more workarounds than they should when trying to move parts with the Roblox studio tools.

8 Likes