Looking for Experienced Developers for a Dev Team

ios if u didnt know sorry gtg now

2 Likes

The link I provided is the only semi-popular Drinking Sim.

1 Like

Yes, this guy seems sketchy. Not really wanting to work with him now.

3 Likes

I’m on iOS too, I don’t get sound notifications for safari

6 Likes

Agreed. He seemed perfectly fine at the beginning , once he started telling some things that sound like a lie, my trust and wanting to work for him went down. Is that how you felt too?

3 Likes

You should read the. About the Public Collaboration category

First before you start a full thread!!

4 Likes

Yes, it just seems very rude the way he spoke to us. There seems to be a surge of dev teams that are forming, which sound interesting, but then erode down to it sounding like a 0-gain for everyone besides the owner of the team. Very sad, honestly. :sad:

5 Likes

RobloxScreenShot20190421_160850884%20(2)

Just checked with the developer for Drinking Simulator.

4 Likes

So, where did you find the game, did he says he made it? Or did you hear it from someone?

2 Likes

I don’t want to be mean to the kid, but I doubt he’s made a popular game. Throughout this post I’ve seen:

• Payment errors (such as 3 Programmers each being paid around 50%)
  • Spelling errors (everyone makes a typo or two, but it’s too consistent to make anyone take it seriously)
  • Unclear directions (we don’t know how much is in those payout percentages, and if the 100 robux joining payout is supposedly meaningful then i’m 90% sure everyone here has already lost interest)

We don’t even have any of his past work or anything notable that would give us more incentive to join if it’s for a passionate game studio

3 Likes

He claims he was a developer for it (I quoted above).

There are two semi-popular “drinking simulator” like games. Once has a group that he is not listed in and this one does not have him listed as a dev, and the owner just said he does not know Walker.

3 Likes

He has also said he has to go a lot, but he never goes. Everything that’s happening is sketchy, like you said, I do t want to be mean, but I’m pretty sure he is lying about some things. Such as being in a successful game.

5 Likes

I believe the “I have to go now” is a way to avoid answering if he’s worked on the game or not.

1 Like

So he is falsely claiming to be a dev for it? Did he say he made everything? If so, that’s plagerism. did he say he made the whole game?

2 Likes

You should close the thread and think about things like the payment, our what is the game about!! and you should put examples of your work…

3 Likes

I’m not accusing Walker of being dishonest (at least, not yet). I will wait until he is online to continue this discussion.

As many of you have highlighted, I do see the following problems:

1. No previous work has been given, and that which was turns out to not be him (this can be impersonation).
  2. Lack of clarity in responding (bad grammar put aside), answers to questions are “sketchy” and lacking in sufficient detail. Most of them appear to side-step the issue.
  3. Seeming lack of experience (both on DevForum and developing). I’m new here, but the understanding shown makes me wonder that – if Walker is 100% truthful – being a part of this team would be worth my time and the payment (which is also a bit sketchy).

Again, I’m not saying that Walker is breaking any rules – yet, but certainly more detail needs to be added to regain our trust and get workers.

2 Likes

He said he developed for it. He was unclear about his role in its development.

1 Like

Guys, this is kinda getting off-topic like @AirStrategy said, if you want, we can continue in DMs. If you do, can you add me? Lmao.

4 Likes

Send me a fr (yoiobeans#9309), I’ll make the group.

What group?? Dont rember that! Lol.

1 Like