Looking for feedback on my game icon

Hi, I’ve made an icon for one of my games and I’m trying to go for a simple vibe, while also staying in a red/orange theme. I’ve been thinking about remaking the icon since it doesn’t satisfy me, so feedback on how to improve it would really help me! Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

I love the simple design of the logo and your use of non-complex shapes within it. I agree with @arcisbored on the text and the contrast. For the text, I would also suggest wrapping it around the bottom of the logo. As for the contrast (of the colors) of the logo, I think making the background of your logo a lighter shade of orange. Since you want to keep the color theme of red and orange, I think this idea works.

Hope I helped you out/gave you some ideas!

2 Likes

This is subjective but anyways: Maybe you could improve it by, turning the house and building icon into 1 thing by adding an outline . Make them a darker color than the circle planet for contrast. Then put that on the center of the circle, or within it but offset, try stuff. Make the background black or white to focus on the icon more. Maybe change the font to something close to the movie -Prometheus 2012 as well as the letter spacing . Move the title closer to the circle. You have 5 types of orange right now, maybe minimize the palette to just 2 or 3. Black & white are linear, they are not colors, so they don’t count . You could use them regardless.

1 Like

ok so ive taken into account most of the suggestions, and ive tinkered around with a new design, pretty sure im going to change the background color though.

3 Likes

I suggest adding a little space to the text to not stick on the other thing. overall very nice.

1 Like

I like the minimalistic style, and its simplicity. However, the picture does not pop at all (or the logo). I’d suggest either having light highlights, or an outline. I couldn’t differentiate it until I really focused, which is not ideal when you want a good logo that catches a person’s interest at first glance.
Edit: both the text and logo

1 Like

Here’s the second revision, i think I’ve achieved something closer to what I want, I think I might just add some outlines. Again, thank you all for the suggestions and feedback!

2 Likes

Really lovely! I love the minimalism of this graphic. Although, I would try to make the icon a bit darker, especially the text. It’s quite hard to see it at first. Otherwise, well done!

1 Like