Looking for help with building details on project

Overview
Hi i’m Momo6097! I’m the developer of a school called Northeast High School. Like many developers I face problems making time for building, and managing my time. I’ve run into a bit of a “builders block” and my games release is due for two weeks. I’m currently trying to work on details for my school that can bring it all together, but there’s several small things that i’m having trouble with.

The problem
The school has a fairly nice exterior, with trees that I made through blender, and some on Roblox. In addition to that we have NPC bots that are fully animated that fit in with our cartoony, simple design. Since the servers would be running 24/7 we need to make it so there will not be too much lag. The interior on the other hand is not great, i’ve used one design for each of the classrooms and the only thing on the walls are lockers and it looks very bland. My lighting hasn’t been working in my favor and the floor has nothing on it. These would probably be very easy fixes but as I said i’ve hit a “builder block” and having trouble with thinking of new ideas. I didn’t want to make this post, as I enjoy being very independent, but it’s come to a point where I have no other choice so I’ve reached out to the community for help.

What i’m asking for
Basically i’d be willing to give you 15% of the games revenue for about a month a position on our head development team. I will not be giving direct payment as we are saving about 15K robux for ads, and are close to that. Our game is expected to make about 20K robux in the first month, as we were close to that in the first two releases of our game, and it should go up a lot more. We already have a lead scripter, and you would be working with me. It would only take a week, and we really just need some fixer uppers. You could take the 15% offer, or do 10% for a permanent position on our development team which includes doing updates for the games and assisting on further versions. You’d also be placed on a credits board which is openly place in the spawn area.
Contact
Please contact me on the forums, like in my PMS or on Discord mo#7178. If you can’t do either of those please PM me on Roblox @momo6097.

Please note i’m still building most of the things that you see in the pictures and the game is releasing in about 3 weeks so you have ample time. I’m beginning to devote more time to this issue now.
I will leave reference photos for you, thank you! Have a lovely day.

NHSADYEEET

1 Like

Just so we’re clear, you’re paying ~3k R$, or ~$10 USD if you go by the typical 350 USD:100k R ratio. If the amount of work the contractor will be doing is equal to that, then that’s fair. But make that apparent in your post please.

Currently from what you’re describing, the work seems to be worth a lot more than $10.

But to give you input on the “builder’s block” that we’ve all hit at one point in our careers - there are many ways to get out of it if you’re willing to try different things. Since everyone’s minds work differently, you’ll have to take every solution with a grain of salt.

Like for me, I meditate, read, write, or cook a meal. I find that “burn out” for me means that I’ve lost the vision of the root of what I’m trying to achieve in my design and I just need to occupy my brain for an hour with something else to find it again. Or I brute-force it and end up trying out five or six vastly different designs, only to go with the first iteration anyways. Either way I’ve found my personal method for getting over blocks.

Do some reading on how other artists get over their blocks. Some are more tangible than others, and I’m not going to be ignorant and assume you have the privilege of having the time, ability, or interest to do them - not everyone likes to meditate or read, for instance. But starting somewhere and working your way to finding how you work best will help you in your career now and future careers going forward.

3 Likes

I understand, I’m willing to cooperate with builders and pay more. I’ve conskdered it, and I will be able to pay developers an additional 5K robux. Its extremely overwhelming, and there’s so much pressure for me to release this game. It’s hard to work under the circumstances. I really appreciate your helpful words, and I will take everything into consideration. Also note that I would also be working on the missing details for the most part and they would simply be helping with creativity and new ideas.

It’s okay if you hold off release for a while. If your not putting out the quality you want, or are really stressed or busy with other things in life, sometimes its just best to step back and think about things.

Releasing a game is an exciting experience, and having to put it off seems like the worst. But not meeting your deadline doesn’t mean you failed.

2 Likes

I’d really love to do it, but I’m dealing with two commissions and a personal project right now. If this is still up when I finish commission #1, I’d love to assist you guys.

Sorry if I am late! I’m sort of interested.

If you could reply with your discord, or if you want to add me that would be great! mo#7178

I’ve already held off on the release for a few months at this point. Luckily i’ve outsourced our members to other schools while we take a hiatus to wrap up the school.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.