Looking for Humanoid welding resources/help

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    Basically I’m trying to gather valuable aid, I wish to weld some tools to players, in different spots such as hips, back, you name it. I have not yet found anything that covers this specifically, all I found was regarding body morphs like armor etc.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    There is no issue, I just require some input with my request above.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I watched some youtube videos but as I said these have not specifically answered my needs, also the wiki isnt too clarifying on this topic.

Clearing…

Could you elaborate what your idea is with welding tools to player? Maybe you’re looking for something about if the player has a tool in the backpack, the tool will be welded somewhere on their character, such as the instances found in Electric State DarkRP.

Perhaps you’re looking for a “decoy” tool that will be copied(the handle only) which then is repositioned on the character, using CFrame offsetting and methods for rotation. Finally, weld the decoy with any kind of weld, with Massless checked AND CanCollide off.

Or maybe you’re looking for tools with attacking and attaching them on player, similar story… but different input methods.

Currently I’m looking for an equip/unequip situation.

e.g: you equip the weapon, then when you unequip it welds to your thigh or back, whatever makes most sense.

As previously stated in the first and second paragraph, I provided a description of the code’s functionality and the requirements. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a full script, since this is scripting support(and not a full-resource request).

1 Like

I think you misunderstand me. I’m not looking for people to do coding for me. I just wonder if people have any resources I can take a look at to see how I would go about this, I do not expect them to give me full code and all.

Well then. It’s right there, in the second paragraph in the first post I made.

• Clone the model when tool is added to backpack, don’t parent it instantly.
  • Position the model through CFrame offsets.
  • Weld the model.
  • Make sure the model’s Massless and CanCollide are set false.
  • Parent the model to the character.

Then next:

• Hook a connection to the tool whenever it is being equipped or not, removes the tool.
  • Unequipping will add this tool to the backpack, running the code in the steps above.