Low poly map improvements

Hello

I have been wondering what to add to my map since it kinda looks plain.

These are some of the things I’ve built still needs improvement not finished yet…

I have a map plan but my map looks very plain.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

3 Likes

Maybe add some shrubs and/or water?

2 Likes

When you work on a map and then you suddenly stop working on it, it’s because of inspiration. I call it “Inspiration Fall”. It happens when builders can’t think of anything that could improve their builds.

Your map really looks plain, but there are a lots of stuff that can improve it!
Try adding some rocks around with different size and color, some grass and shrubs in some corners, rocky paths, lanterns, barrels, watermills, windmills, flowers, crates, food ( cheese, cake, milk etc. ), ropes attached from one house to another ( on those ropes could hang some clothes ), mushrooms, benches, adding around some hills etc.

Usually when I get the “Inspiration Fall”, I search for some pictures on Google like Fantasy Landscapes; Medieval Villages; Enchanted Forests … to get inspiration.

4 Likes

Looks good to me, just things to fix like Launceletus said i would add some more trees. Rocks add some more buildings houses stores, but launce gave you the rest plus you can add a shops and some. logs and fell it up a little. Keep up don’t give up on the map your making!

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance I took your advice and made my map look amazing.