Mac Studio is incredibly laggy

Ironically, script editor is fine.

Right now, when I press anything on the Mac UI, it’ll take anywhere between seconds and minutes to do anything, and the entirety of studio will freeze. Taking a very long time to open scripts, to start test sessions. I’m literally on a blank baseplate with one script and two parts.

8 Likes

Happens pretty frequently for me.
Restart usually fix the issue

3 Likes

Entire computer?

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

Tried resetting. Nada.

1 Like

This is very late response…

Anyways, I’ve been experiencing this same issue for the past year now. About every two months I am forced to create a new personal account on my computer and transfer all of my files to it. During this two month period, Studio becomes increasingly laggy until it is unusable. I’ve spent countless hours looking around for solutions with no luck. The only way I am able to revive Studio is to migrate to a new computer account. I’ve reset Studio’s cache, restarted my computer, and even tried using different Roblox accounts in Studio. It’d mean the world to me (and probably many other Mac users) if anyone could offer some advice haha.

Here are my computer specs:

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I had this too. I got fed up and just nuked everything on my computer. Works great now!

2 Likes

What do you mean by nuking your computer?

1 Like

He means resetting his PC, pretty sure.

2 Likes

Still laggy ugh… i just wish this will be fixed it’s really an hinderance to my development, it’s been going for 3 weeks now

2 Likes

Starting to experience in studio again, however script editor is also effected. Mainly lagging in script editor / when dragging the script editor window.

1 Like

Me too, I just started experiencing this problem recently. It started out with script editor, and now it has went onto my game editor.

P.S. This is my first post in developer forum :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m having the same problems as of today, nothing is working for me. I redownloaded it and restarted my mac, if you could provide a solution that would help a lot.

This has started happening to me over the last week…

I recommend using V.S Code and Rojo rather than waiting for Roblox to do anything - their track record on this issue is hideous.

2 Likes

I’ve also been seeing performance issues in studio recently. I have the same macbook model as the OP. Closing out all my scripts have seemed to do the trick for me. It always seems that studio performance issues on macOS are always ignored/neglected.

1 Like

Same, how do I use V.S Code and Rojo? I never heard of it before, I don’t think Roblox is going to do anything about it.

It makes no sense, everything was fine until a few days ago.

1 Like

If you want a temporary solution (which is a pain but it works) make a new user account on your Mac and download studio on there, for myself and everyone ive given this solution to this appears to fix it.

1 Like

Thank you, it helped. All though it will be quite annoying to switch accounts every time I want to access studio, at least I can access it.

1 Like

I have an other solution which works for me. I had the same issue, but all I did was to update the MacOS from Mojave to Catalina. This error hasn’t occurred since I did this, so I guess it fixed it.