Machine Translations Randomly Add Spaces To Strings

After playing automatically translated games, I’ve noticed that some strings got random spaces put into them, regardless of whether they are translated or not. This happens all the time with particular strings. I reproduced this bug with Russian and Spanish languages set on the Roblox website.

Steps to reproduce the bug:

Enable machine translations for a game → Join that game → Find broken strings

Re-joining the game doesn’t help, the same strings remain to have spaces all the time.

Evidence

The screenshots were taken in 2 popular front page games, World Zero and Adopt Me

11 Likes

I would put this in Engine Bugs since it’s to do with something in-game!

Nice find though - I didn’t know it was doing this :eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

1 Like

Tested it just now, the bug is still reproducible for me. My language is set to Russian, and Adopt Me is the game I used for testing.

Screenshots

1 Like

To make sure that the issue is not limited to Adopt Me, I played another game that is using machine translations, and the issue persists. Adding up to this, the bug seems to disappear if you set your language as English.

More examples

Alright, when there is an update i will pass it on.

2 Likes