Closed post (15 chars)

Would they only get a percentage or a percentage and an upfront payment and percentage?

As I said,

Everyone will be paid with a percentage.

Only percentage, I’m not doing any upfront payments.

Why pay an Animator with a percentage??? Since animating is a relatively simple thing that does not take long, it seems like a waste of money on your part?? Not to mention most animators won’t take a percentage.

Animating isn’t simple, I’ve tried myself and the outcome was terrible. It’s my choice to pay my developers, you shouldn’t get involved how I’m hiring my developers. I’ll be the one to see if a animator will take my offer.

1 Like

I am an animator, I was considering the offer before you said that PPA was not going to happen… I was simply making a suggestion so hopefully you would have a chance to find a person easier…

What happened to your previous projects?

Seems your making a lot of ideas but none of which completely release and are made.
What makes this new idea/project promising for someone to join your team that you have proved didn’t release or make a noticeable profit to continue developing?

Try to think through ideas and have a game plan before finding a team… this can include a ‘Game Design Document’. This will help everyone on the team know what to do and have an order of what things are done first. Also, it will give everyone on the team the same image of the final outcome of game play that you have in mind.

My suggestion would be for you establish a budget to pay developers directly so they are more motivated and you’ll have better quality work.
This can be done through commission.

Regardless good luck on your game!

11 Likes

It’s a suggestion that carries a lot of weight. Your response to criticism/advice leaves an impression on future employees, as does your standards. A recruitment thread is meant to entice and hire. You never know if someone responding has interest but isn’t taking the job because of the way you’re hiring (which it makes it very much a matter to be concerned about).

UI designers and animators don’t actively maintain games and should really only be paid an amount upfront for their work.

Furthermore, in addition to all this, you want to pay with a percentage. Given the concern raised in the above post about your previous projects, this worries me. What compensation are you going to offer if your game falls flat or you cancel a project mid-development? There better be some.

Last of all, 45% is - excuse my brevity - absolute garbage pay if you’re asking them to script your entire game for you.

7 Likes

I haven’t got many developers that applied, some of the developers didn’t have what I wanted. Which forced me to cancel the development. I wasn’t the project manager for “Wanted Simulator” I was hired to build the map. I’ll be building this game, all that needs to be done is scripting, animating and UI designing. If I don’t get a UI designer and an animator. I’ll be the one doing it, and I’ll just need to recruit a scripter(50% to the scripter). Everyone begins somewhere to become an immeasurable project manager. It’s unnecessary to reply with criticism, that I never released a successful game. I’m capable to learn from my mistakes. If developers don’t want to be paid with a percentage, I’ll be patient and wait for developers who would take percentage. If our game fails or collapses, I’ll try my best to pay them with a reasonable amount of Robux. The game link you probably visited to is the tutorial map, I also mentioned it above the link.

Completely up to you,

I just feel like changing project ideas within 1-2 week span and giving up that fast just doesn’t give me hope to join a development team with you.

Nor does it seem like you gave enough to branch and give people an idea of what your game is all about.
Again Game Design Docs help.

Maybe your better off building for people as you seemed to have finished that project.

No offense, but what makes you believe that you will succeed now out of other times?

I guess… nothing. That’s pretty obvious. I don’t know why someone shouldn’t hire people if he has never made a successful game. Most people on here haven’t made any good/popular game yet. They are learning and hiring people because they want to make one. Everyone started out like this.

2 Likes

10% For handling the entirety of the user interface seems way too low, perhaps consider lowering the scripter’s pay in order to raise the UI designer’s pay. But then again, asking one person to script an entire game for you without giving any secured payment of any type is very unappealing.
UI designers should also be commissioned for their work, doing so will save you money and them risk.

This isn’t very important, but there are some minor grammar mistakes here. :upside_down_face:

As @12904 stated earlier, pretty much all animators only take commissions.
Also, this animation job is super simple and I don’t see a need to have an animator at all, it’s just a cube rolling about. Paying an animator in percentage could save you money.
That’s obviously assuming the game is successful, or even launches. This is always a gamble, but as @Axcerious brought up, you seem to jump from project to project extremely fast. I would not want to take on a risk like that, no matter how small my role was.

Yes, we should. This seems like an attempt to dismiss valuable points that others have brought up, which is very unprofessional. We’re suggesting ways for you to both save money and make your project more appealing to possible employees, that should not be dismissed.

Trying your best isn’t enough, some reasonable amount of payment needs to be 100% on the table. Aside from that, if this is the case then why didn’t you mention it in your original post?

It’s not necessary, yes, but people are allowed to give constructive criticism and bring up other important information for other folks to consider.

This is a side-effect of unappealing offers, perhaps instituting some of the changes we’ve suggested would lead to better results?

I wish you and your future team the best of luck, and this criticism is given with the best of intentions.

2 Likes

To add onto the three games that failed (@Axcerious pointed out), is this for the new game Valetowell?

Are you the creator of this game? If so, that’s even worse (more current projects/failures, less attention). :frowning:

Maybe try looking for experience. :+1:

What would the animator be animating?

It’s just moving a block and wall running. You already walk in roblox.

Why don’t you go back to the last simulator and actually fix what needed to be fix instead of just giving up? You had a ENTIRE simulator there and you just left it. It could succeed if you tried. You just have to listen to the feedback and understand what the players want instead of just giving up a week later.

Edit: Dont take any offense to this. I’m simply trying to help.

I’m not the creator of the simulator, I was a builder for it. The project manager hasn’t told us anything to do.

I’m not the creator of Valetowell, I’m a “Manager”(Not project manager). I just made the update log for them.

I’m looking for a cube animation. A cube rolling.

Considering how many past projects you have posted, it is too risky for anyone to accept percentage - not to mention 45% for scripting an entire game is low pay.

I haven’t got many developers that applied, some of the developers didn’t have what I wanted. Which forced me to cancel the development.

This may be because experienced developers will not apply to projects that only offer percentage or low pay.

Good luck finding someone nonetheless, you’re better off investing your own money into a budget.

1 Like

Thanks, that cleared my only concern. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is off-topic, but I sent you a message about a bug in Valetowell, if you want to read that.