Make Buying My Own Developer Products Free

Making a bulletproof system to sell developer products is tricky and requires a lot of testing.

It would be cool if I could buy my own developer products for free because my costs of testing are racking up!

23 Likes

Already in the works:

1 Like

I don’t want mock purchases.

I want to test it using the same infrastructure that the deployed game will use.

Otherwise I will get bugs that are very hard to track down.

3 Likes

Along this line of thought, what would be an even better feature is to continue to charge me for my developer product purchases but then immediately send me a refund as a credit to my account.

Then I am really testing it.

14 Likes

Wish private servers were free as well.

5 Likes

I’m getting interested into what you’re making. Off topic, but wanted to mention that.

I’ve now spent about $50 worth of ROBUX testing my place.

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Just wondering… Why? Just make it R$1 for now. Later, make the real product (in case someone manages to nab it in testing).

Because:

• You’re still spending money, even if it’s a small value
  • You have to update all of your scripts to use “real” IDs when you publish your game
  • That’s not a proper solution to the problem
2 Likes

Well aware. But to spend $50 worth of ROBUX he’d have to spend R$20,000. Something tells me (unless he doesn’t mind burning money, or has R$50,000,000) it’s worth the extra effort than to willingly burn that kind of money.

I agree we need this.

Actually spending money on dev products to test purchases was much less of an issue when you could set their price to 1 tix…

2 Likes