Make Minimum/Recommended hardware requirements less vague and more accessible

I seriously wasn’t sure if this was the right category or if this should be in #platform-feedback:developer-hub since this is basically about technical documentation, but please let me know if it needs to be moved

So there was a post made recently about studio being pretty unstable for a lot of people. One thing I found that was common for everyone is that they were using NVIDIA 1000s series cards. Most of them came out in 2016/2017. It caused a lot of confusion because, technically, those are still fairly ok cards in the grand scheme of things.

Something wasn’t adding up for me, so I looked through the interwebs and found an official Roblox help article that gives us the minimum requirements to run Roblox in general. One problem - it’s incredibly vague.

If Roblox were to address this issue, it would’ve been easier for people to troubleshoot possible problems with their hardware and making it easier to cross off possibly outdated hardware from their list. It would also make people who are less tech-savvy or don’t follow the PC hardware news to compare their current systems/future purchases and make a better decision on what to buy.

According to Roblox’s system requirements, the 1000s series are becoming obsolete for Roblox, and it seems like it’s starting to show for most users.

I also feel like it should be easier to access the system requirements from the website itself. Currently, to get there, you actually need to google it. While it’s not terrible within itself, I feel like it’d be easier for people to look for it from the main page of the help.roblox domain (which is listed on the very bottom of the page, just like shown below)

13 Likes