Making a "cursed" mirror

First topic on the forum, please forgive me if I sound like an idiot here.
I’m trying to add a mirror to a game of mine that reflects ONLY the player in the room but reflects the players with a different face texture. I’m looking for a way that wouldn’t create a lot of lag. My scripting isn’t that good, I’m trying to learn more.

Thanks!
Zee

You need to add a script so that, whenever they look in the mirror, it triggers the game to know to add the face on theirs.

I don’t think it’d work without scripting, but that’s just me.

My goal is to make a mirror that sort of alters the reflection, but that would work too. The thing is, how would I achieve that?

Maybe you could animate an invisible character in the mirror and when they look away, you could make the character turn it’s head and make it lock onto the players head.

I don’t really understand what you mean, sorry.

I mean, add a character looking away from the player, add a door knock and tell them to look at it and make it nothing, then make the invisible characters face lock onto their face.

Ah, I understand now. I’m going to try to figure out how to do this or try to make a modified version of this. I’ll let you know what happens.

Okay! Good luck with it, I know you can do it!

1 Like

Maybe you could get the player through get
Service when they go in the room, make a clone of them, set it’s CFrame to behind the mirror and change the meshid of the clone’s face. I know it’s vague but you could give it a try.

2 Likes

That’s another great idea, thank you! I’ll try to figure out how to script that.

That might work but, it is pretty hard to do that with roblox studio and without making your own meshes.

Certainly give it a try. If you don’t mind could you tell me if it works?

Of course! I’ll update you on what goes on.

Thanks and good luck. BTW this is my alt account (possibly obviously)

1 Like