Writing an FPS framework, part 2 (2020)

Love it, this is so good best tutorial of Devforum thanks you

4 Likes

Why did you also decide to handle important weapon info (like the ammo data) on the client instead of just using an object that replicates the weapon info to client? is this a good way to prevent exploiters?

1 Like

having everything handled by the server causes issues on its own. There’s some code for ammo management in the server, i just didn’t bother finishing it. You’re best off tracking it on both sides, giving corrections on ammo to the client each shot

1 Like

The only problem I faced with handling everything on the server is latency issues. What are some other problems I need to be aware of? Why should I track on both sides?

Client gets a realtime ammo count and Server keeps a secure version it gives to the client each time they fire the gun/reload/whatever. No latency issues, No security problems.

Thank you for thoroughly explaining this. I was having some issues with this, but this is helping me through the process of resolving it, if that makes sense… Thanks again! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Very helpful! I think it is better than older!

Hey, I’m sorry if I missed this in the tutorial (I looked through it twice but I’m not the best reader) how do I get my own animations for it? The gun is in my face. Do I need my own animations? If so where would I put the ids?
Thanks,
AtScripterBoy.

The animation sequences are inside each animation you need to upload. just upload them to your account and replace the IDs.

3 Likes

Is it possible to make this compatible with R15?

Thank you!!!
But now I have this spinning issue… Any idea how to fix it?
Video: https://youtu.be/MJjXhHKcUvM
(there are no errors)

1 Like

I have found a problem in ur FPS framework if you spam click you can legitly become a minigun

https://gyazo.com/04fc92cd7a8e3e4274872f82ac18f78b

Is it possible to make this compatible with R15?

yes

Thank you!!!
But now I have this spinning issue… Any idea how to fix it?
Video: https://youtu.be/MJjXhHKcUvM
(there are no errors)

This again… I fixed it by making another idle animation, but that’s apparently not good enough. import a different animation sequence (aka. not idle) into moon animation suite, remove all keyframes that move (aka. remake the idle pose from the reload or fire), and upload it.

I have found a problem in ur FPS framework if you spam click you can legitly become a minigun

I’ll fix that soon enough. also, please stop using gyazo

Okay, thanks. But I have the same problem as BouncingBrenda, still. The arms go like this…

(I removed the camera so I could see the arms in action)

again, remaking the idle animation seems to fix it. I can’t reproduce it myself, but that’s what worked to a few people in my DMs. the rig looks like that by default (no animation running)

Awesome! I was wondering if you could do a Third Person Shooter? It’s really awesome for us to understand it as it is much simpler. Good for beginner devs to start making guns.

if i ever do, in at least a year. I’m busy with another game.

How would i go on uploading your animations on my account? just go on animation editor and exporting it? and then putting it in the animation id(i did this already and it didnt work)? or do i have to use moon animator? is there another solution?

save the sequences under each animation to roblox and paste in the new ids

With moon animator, or with animation editor.