Making Pages/Routes for Menus

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to have multiple pages/routes in my menu system and be able to smoothly animate between them.
  2. What is the issue?
    I’m not sure how I would do this when using GUIs made in the UI editor combined with scripts.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve searched through the forum but I haven’t found anything.
1 Like

You should also search through the Developer Hub. Make sure you extend your source of research before posting a thread. A simple search on even just Google gave me something that might interest you, which is UIPageLayout. I encourage you to toy around with it and see if it’s what you seek.

1 Like

I’ve looked into the UIPageLayout some, but it seems to be more designed around a tutorial-like setup, where you go from 1 page to the next in a specific order, and doesn’t seem designed for the idea of jumping from any page to another page.

The object is intended to lay out the children of the parent in a pages format, so the elements appear side-by-side like a “tutorial”/book format according to the SortOrder yes. This is the nature of the object.

Jumping from one page to another is possible with the layout if you fully read the API, just use UIPageLayout.JumpTo or UIPageLayout.JumpToIndex. If you use this, then you don’t have to conform to flipping between pages in order of their appearance.

If what you wanted was to tween between the main page and another one without other pages showing up (which isn’t actually a page format), that’s just a simple matter of placing all the frames in the same out-of-frame position and tweening between them as needed.

3 Likes