Marketplace Has Been a Hot Mess Recently!

Introduction

Hello dev forum, I’ve been holding this back for a while but this needs to be said. But before we start:

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO A SPECIFIC PERSON, BUT EVERYONE

Okay, since we got that over, let’s start, shall we?

How to Make the Post Better

Ok so if you are selling something in #collaboration:asset-marketplace please, please, please put a game link. People don’t want to buy something by looking at pictures. It takes about a minutes to upload the game and make it public. If I sent this post to you in #collaboration:asset-marketplace now you know why, lol.

Game Link

People would like a game link more due to fact that they can look around, look at the small details, imagine the map in your game etc. putting a game link is the best way to go and would grab more buyers attentions.

Prices

Also, when you say ”Prices can be negotiated” Please include a minimum and maximum price. I’m tired of having to repeat the same thing on almost every single post. It’s gets annoying after time. But I still do it incase I think the price is good and I want to buy it, or to help other buyers out. This is the most important part of the post, the payment. Someone could say, oh, uh, 100 ROBUX for it. No, that’s too low the asset creator would say. That’s why you should always add a price estimate, or else people won’t know how much it’s worth.

Free Models

Thirdly, Using free models is against the rules. This could result in 3 strikes on the forums which is a ban (I think). It also brings down your reputation as a developer. People would have less trust in you, you wouldn’t be hired from people, even if you say you are amazing, people would judge you from selling free models. Remember this is towards no specific person, but everyone.

Wrong Catagory

Fourthly, I don’t know why people have been recently putting posts asking for price in #collaboration:asset-marketplace its supposed to go to #help-and-feedback:building-support , it’s always been like that and I’m 99% sure it will stay like that. The #collaboration:asset-marketplace is just to sell your creations, not asking opinions/questions about them, that would go into #help-and-feedback:building-support

Cluttering Threads

In addition, there has been a post about this but I would like to elaborate on it, stop :clap: cluttering :clap: the :clap: thread :clap:. Saying, “Wow! Great work” or “Great! Keep up the work!” “Can’t wakt to see what you do!” “Not going to hire you but amazing work!!”. This is basically spam and all could be substituted by just pressing the heart button. This clutters the space from real, interested buyers. Here’s something you could do instead!: If you want to give feedback on a build, do it in dms. I’ve been told that this is the best way to do it and not get your thread cluttered. Marketplace has been a mess recently.

Conclusion

I’ve been holding this post back for a while, and they had been a few posts regarding this topic, so I might have missed my shot with this, but atleast I still tried! Lol. Like I stated, marketplace has been all over the place sorry that was honestly horrible. I would be happy if this helped one person. Well, I hope what I said, will be changed in the future! But anyways, thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

tl;dr: Marketplace has been messy with many things going on that make the threads messy.

PS: I also suggest you actually read the whole post instead of the tl;dr to gain a full understanding of my point of view on this topic. I also will be responding to any questions or concerns here in the comments.

This is not entirely accurate – we actually don’t yet have a policy for “pricing help” topics currently so either category is fine for now.

This is not a guideline for that category. It’s fine to leave the place link out. People might be worried about other users stealing the geometry if they link the place with the assets publicly.

Absolutely not. Using free models is fine. The 3 strike rule is for plagiarism (claiming others’ work as your own), which is not the same as using free models. Please do not spread misinformation like this.

Closing this because it is not appropriate for this category (no feature request, no bug report) and advice that is not entirely correct. Please reserve this category for feedback / feature requests / bug reports related to the Developer Forum.

See:

1 Like