MarketPlaceService:GetGamepasses(GameId)

I would like roblox to add “:GetGamepasses(GameID)” to the MarketPlaceService because it could be helpful for making a shop gui. Currently it is painful to manually hardcode every gamepass id for my game, and update that list whenever I add/remove gamepasses.

Basically here is what the code would be to use it:

for _, gamepass in pairs(MPS:GetGamepasses(5194595509) do
print(gamepass.Name)
print(gamepass.GamepassId)
print(gamepass.Cost)
end

It would return a table with 3 things in it: Cost, GamepassId and Name:

Cost - Returns the amount of robux it costs
GamepassId - Returns the gamepassId
Name - Returns the gamepass’s name

To use it there is only 1 input: That is a game id.

Now, you can either choose, have a input that is any game id (so it can be any game like “Camping” or “Bomb simulator”) or have no input which links to the local game ID (the game that this code is being ran on)

• Input that is any game id
  • No input, links to local game id

0 voters

If Roblox is able to add this, it would improve everyone’s development experience because they can make gamepass/store gui’s out of this.

9 Likes

Thank you so much if you voted and if this get’s approved as a feature then I will literally say thanks like a billion times. Also I hope you guys understand this. Because it makes sense in my head :joy:

Could you explain some use cases for this? Your entire post is based around a proposed solution — you’re basically telling engineers how they should implement it instead of telling them why. Without any use cases you won’t be able to strongly justify your feature request. Engineers care about the issues you experience without your request, but if you don’t give them reasons why they should add your request they likely won’t add it.

3 Likes

As Incapaz said, I don’t really know any use cases other than using it for automated Gamepass shop or something.

But sure; why not. It could help some people make some new things though.

I would like roblox to add “:GetGamepasses(GameID)” to the MarketPlaceService because it could be helpful for making a shop gui. Currently it is painful to manually hardcode every gamepass id for my game, and update that list whenever I add/remove gamepasses. It literally says it lol

Yes however that is not strong enough and you would have to end up “hard-coding” each game pass anyway.

This post is very implicit, all you could have requested for is a game pass variant of MarketplaceService:GetDeveloperProductsAsync which does what you want.

I don’t see the usefulness of your proposed solution retrieving the game pass ID’s of another game though.

Yeah well I don’t use dev products

See:

1 Like

I dont want it to get dev products…

Aren’t gamepasses generally obsolete? They can only be bought from within the implemented place, not the universe and only once, making it a pain to expand your game in the future. They implement the same feature as developer products, but in a worse way.

Don’t really see why they would update a feature which only exists for legacy reasons.

I love this idea! Getting all of the gamepasses from a game seems useful, especially if you have tons of gamepasses.

1 Like

Game passes are definitely not obsolote. They’re like permanent licenses of ownership, and many games still use them, or use a mix of developer products and game passes.

2 Likes

Developers can permanently save purchase information in a datastore serving the same purpose as game passes. Developers can also remove the code checking whether a player owns a game pass, turning it into nothing more than an overpriced badge.

Not everyone wants to fill their datastore when a perfectly suitable solution already exists. Plus, gamepasses are more easily discoverable on the games and inventory pages, whereas developer products are nowhere to be seen.

1 Like

The last point is the only semi-valid argument, but the issue is that I don’t remember anyone requiring to check their game pass page. Plus you can access your trading page and check your transactions anyways.

Yeah, but I meant in terms of advertising / marketing in general. Discoverability in general is better for gamepasses since they’re shown publicly on the website.

1 Like

Not exactly a solution but this is available through the RTrack API:
https://rapidapi.com/admin-5CchmhpSc/api/rtrack-historical-roblox-game-statistics

4 Likes