Massive performance issues when changing selection in Studio

To add onto the list of things that decimate Studio FPS, whenever I change my selection, I get serious performance issues. I have uninstalled all plugins, and made sure I am using the latest version of Studio (v 0.257.0.83946). It was not introduced in this latest version because I experienced it on a slightly older version as well. Watch the FPS in the bottom right of the viewport in the following video as I change my selection (near the end of the video you’ll see it drop into the twenties!):

It doesn’t just happen with box selecting either. I can click a single part in either the viewport or render window and my FPS will drop noticeably. When I looked at the Microprofiler, I noticed ::1016 and RibbonMainWindow :: 77 (potentially also OgreWidget :: 1000) were taking a really long time to finish. The following screenshots are from the aftermath of selecting a single part (not the constant selection changing pictured in the video):

2 Likes

Interesting. I may not have a solution, but I have a similar issue. Only mine happens when I move the camera around. It’ll dip to in the 30s.

I tried doing that with both the default Studio camera and a custom one after reading your thread, and didn’t have any issues. Windows 10 (no anniversary update though since it broke half of my OS customizations)

I spent a few days investigating these issues and it appears that many user actions like selecting a part which update a single widget cause the entire Studio UI to be redrawn. I was not able to determine why.

Could that also be why plugin:Activate() is having issues?

If so, @Silent137 might know what’s causing the problem. The bug in the linked thread was fixed temporarily, but was either resurfaced or was possibly reverted to do issues introduced by the fix.

Is this related? Studio is completely freezing up for me for a split second. Weird that I haven’t had this issue until recently.
Or I never noticed? I build so much though I feel that I would have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no20rhnMScM

This just started happening to me. I’m trying to select 170 objects in the explorer and I’m getting atrocious FPS

Just noticed something else. Resizing parts causes a frame drop.