Alternative for posting as a new devoloper in the forum

I am writing this in hopes that the roblox staff see this, it took me 2 months to become a member and i am requesting you to kindly give an alternative to the new devolopers i am only writing this so that future dev forum users dont face a problem i really hope this is noticed by the roblox staff (Please like this so it is noticed this because this really slows down new devolopers when they have a certain problem they at many time just get stuck (if their problem’s solution is not available on youtube and other posts) )

Then you just haven’t been actively reading? If anything the algorithm process needs to be harder because it’s so easy to get member in the day you make your devforum account.

I see you have 1,7k replies read which is great, although you only have 153 topics read.

You need to read more topics as well, it isn’t only about replies.

You can’t expect to get member once you finish reading this and expect to get membership.

Sorry, there isn’t an algorithm. Seems to be a fixed amount of topics/replies that is required. Apparently the requirements have been leaked but they are always subject to change

2 Likes

First, don’t repost, you’re just going to get flagged and it won’t get Staff attention. It says you joined on May 28, that is only 2 months away, how is that 6 months? And being accepted into the Forum shouldn’t be easy, and in fact, it should be made even more difficult. You need to actively read and browse to become a member, which shouldn’t slow you down because you learn something new in that which will help you in development. What is the rush about getting into the Forum?

1 Like

You shouldn’t post duplicates of an already existing topic. That’s what the search feature is for.
Not sure how often you were reading but I started messing around in Roblox Studio around April - May and I got membership fairly quickly at around the end of June.

oh right im sorry it felt like 6 months(cuz of lockdown) i should have checked the account date before posting also i agree with ur point but the thing is at many times they need help witha a certain problem and hasnt already been posted about on devforum or youtube and they have to wait to become a member i hope you understand what i am trying to say here

i am sry i didnt know i just became a member

Unh, kind of wrong I got my main and alt in devforum, each of them I spent 1 hour a day 3 days

1 Like

woah i spent 2 months and now am getting membership

It depends how much you read each day. For me personally, I spent a lot of time messing around on the DevForum and getting distracted so it’d be quicker than spending 10 minutes each day.
(I am not recommending getting distracted from your work to be clear. )

Those leaks aren’t usually even close to the actual numbers. They just take one member’s stats when they happened to get promoted and round down to what they think is the nearest likely number. This makes it so they’re usually very high in a few of the stats, well beyond the actual requirements.

3 Likes

The membership process should not be made lesser. As is, you still get occasional trolls on the forum. If something, it should be made stronger, meaning higher requirements.

1 Like

k i understand but my main point is that the problems that new devolopers face because of this

I waited 1 year and 5 months to get devforum access. My application was never reviewed.

If a developer who isn’t in the devforum really needs access they will read consistently/constantly.

2 Likes

Although it is fairly consistent, 3 hours read time, 150 topics read, and 1.5k comments read.

i am not saying it should be made lesser i am saying that there should be an alternative for this for new devolopers

nvm i should re work the heading and all

Try scripting helpers if you want an alternative. Otherwise the doc forum would be full of trolls. The only other alternative requirement could be a game with a certain number of likes/favorites on it.

1 Like

k thx btw is scriptinghelpers a seperate site or on some other service on a site

Yes, scripting helpers is a separate site. The dev forum is by far superior and has better reply times, but if you don’t yet have access to the developer forum then scripting helpers can work in a pinch. Since you have access to the dev forum, however, I would stick with it.

1 Like

Two of those requirements are over double what the actual ones were.

2 Likes