MeshPart inserted from toolbox placed always at origin

When I insert a MeshPart from the toolbox in Studio, the MeshPart is inserted at origin (position 0, 0, 0), and the camera doesn’t focus on it. Previously, the MeshPart would be inserted somewhere near the camera and the camera would be focused on it, if I remember correctly.

This is very annoying because there’s no feedback when I click, and I have to go and drag it all the way over to where I’m working.

I suspect this started when the toolbox was converted to a plugin.

(Yikes those shadows)

2 Likes

Yikes those shadows indeed, I cant wait for future is bright to release and then, Hopefully, they will be fixed. Also, regarding your problem I was experiencing the same issue, restarted my roblox studio, and it lo longer did that. Maybe it’ll work, Good luck anyways :3

1 Like

This seems to persist between instances of Studio. Restarting Studio does nothing.

2 Likes

There Is something happening with mesh parts whenever they are used at the moment. Previously, you would insert a mesh part and browse your files to import the mesh. When it loaded, you had the option to move the mesh to its location data. If you click yes, ~1/2 times it won’t move and every time it will duplicate the original mesh part

Well, when you insert one of your saved models from the toolbox, do they appear where you face? No they appear in the last position they were placed (If it’s an original part not created in studio. in that case - MeshParts will appear In the axis center). It was like that for years.

Anyone correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how I remember it for a long, long time now.

1 Like

I personally do prefer this behavior, as it prevents the old issue where parts gained 3 or more decimal places when inserted.

At the very least, there should be an option to toggle this behavior.

1 Like

This will be fixed soon, same for all models in the Toolbox.

3 Likes

Just curious if they’re aware of the other bugs regarding meshparts. Importing a mesh into a MeshPart creates a new part and position is broken Haven’t seen a reply on this yet so I’m just wondering!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.