MeshPart RenderFidelity glitch on a tool with decals/textures

If a decal or a texture is laying on top of a meshpart which is Automatic RenderFidelity, the decal does a weird glitch where it stretches to the position the tool once was in the workspace (i tucked it into starterpack).
I messed around a bit and confirmed it’s because I changed the mesh to Automatic instead of Precise. Turning it back to Precise doesn’t fix the issue, however, it stays broken.

You can see my tools say precise/automatic in the video. the precise version is a meshpart straight out of the toolbox that hasn’t been renderfidelity altered (precise).

I duplicated this exact tool and turned the meshpart to automatic, and you can see it glitching now because of this change.

the only way to currently fix this is to make a brand new part because turning it back to precise doesn’t fix the issue.

here’s the workspace if you want to mess around with it. broken grapes.rbxl (590.1 KB)

this has happened on multiple of my tools, just messed around with it in a baseplate to figure out how to get it to trigger for this post.

thank you for reading. :smiley:

(this is glitching like this in a regular game too, not just studio. thanks for the help XAXA)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weld Lines Appearing And Leading To Point 0,0,0

Hey there, I’ve moved over your bug report to one that an engineer has already posted on for the same issue, this’ll hopefully give them more details into what the issue is, thanks!

1 Like