MessagingService Release

Ok, can confirm, this can be used for cross server matchmaking. Just need to polish this up a bit and it should be golden! :smiley: (Video cuts out at the end as I was teleported to the ReservedServer!)

19 Likes

Glad to see it worked out for you!
Hopefully I can help you out with stuff like this later on in the future!

4 Likes

inb4 New forum created INSIDE a RBX game.

7 Likes

Amazing, can’t wait to try new possibilities!

4 Likes

Yea I mentioned that a few hours ago. Not wanting to berate the person writing the wiki as it does take a lot of writing, but it should proofread before published.

3 Likes

Interesting, it will be really useful in games like 2018 egg hunt!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for games to start implementing this! Going to try it in my upcoming game…

3 Likes

I plan to use the MessagingService for cross-server chat because my game is going to use multiple places. I have been waiting for this for some time now.

2 Likes

This system will be absolutely revolutionary, thank you for this!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :+1::+1::+1::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Is a replacement for universe scripts?

3 Likes

If I own a group, would I be able to use this in that group’s games since I’m a beta tester, or would it not work because the group owns it, not me?

4 Likes

Very promising for developers who needed cross-server communication! Definitely going to experiment with this new API.

Edit: But, one question i have is that does this mean we can send specific code from one server to another to run said code? or does this only apply to an array?

4 Likes

I don’t think so; they’re two separate entities that fall within the same scope of cross-locational access. MessagingService allows you to send messages to other places and servers in near-real time, while universe scripts are intended to run at a game-level and be able to interact with places and/or instances.

In other news though, looks like my hopes and dreams have been crushed. I’ve toyed around with MessagingService and have come to a realisation that universe scripts are better suited for several of my use cases over MessagingService. I’ll still make good use of it, but rip.

I was so hyped too.

3 Likes

So glad to hear this is coming out. If I am correct and understand this, now we can display public user ban messages like Rainbow Six Siege does with BattlEye, where if a user is banned/kicked from the game for toxicity or cheating it will display at the top right. Of course we can customize it a bit more but I’m interested to see the possible creations of this amazing new feature. Keep up the great work yall.

4 Likes

This is amazing! Previously I would have to send an HTTPRequest to my web app and periodically send get requests to the app to get the data from one server to another. With this it makes it so much easier!

4 Likes

Just released a Public Resource on my findings of cross-server matchmaking using this feature: Cross-Server Matchmaking Module

10 Likes

Amazing! I love this feature that would out a lot with sending server announcements :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, this feature will be great!

3 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you!

2 Likes