Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

It doesn’t work for me at all. a blue box appears and then when I test it nothing loads or happens

i contacted @reteach and he responded almost immediately. i am getting help rn

I am getting this strange error every time I try to run this plugin. I do it as followed:

1. Auto configure the plugin
  2. Open ro-render and press start
  3. Launch a test server with the correct amount of players according to the amount of cores I have
  4. Inject scripts via the server

I am greeted by this error seconds later every time. HTTP Requests are enabled and the place is published. Anybody know how I can fix this/what I am doing wrong?

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin in the link in OP. I’d reinstall RoRender plugins to be safe.

The current version uses localhost port 8081 so theoretically you could just change the address in the plugin but updating the plugin will fix it for you.

1 Like

Thanks so much! This fixed it!

If you like RoRender and want to easily give the results full functionality like a rotating minimap with a player icon then I highly recommend using the following plugin in conjunction with RoRender:

Roblox made a new material update, does this render the custom materials or still the default even if you changed them?

RoRender creates an overhead (orthographic) graphic of your map. So the rendered image will display whatever material that Roblox would display if you played the game. RoRender does not change the rendering used by Roblox. It merely captures it from an orthographic perspective and lets you save it to a PNG file that you can then use directly in an ImageLabel, for example, or in another tool like Plum’s minimap.

Does that make sense?

TL;DR - the new Roblox material update is a non-issue.

But in the description it says it doesnt support textures?

Give it a try. I’ve used it on a couple of games and haven’t had any complaints about the results. But the only way you are going to know for sure is to try it yourself and see if you like what it produces. I don’t know what else to tell you as I’m not the plugin creator, I’m just a happy user of RoRender.

1 Like

cc @JaxxonJargon

RoRender only gets the Color3 of the part returned from the raycasting. Material is not considered at all, roblox does not have a way to output the color shown to an actual color value. So the system will remain unchanged regardless of new material updates.

2 Likes

Very cool plugin. I hadn’t planned on having a map in my game but this is too good to not include. Took a few hours and had to do it in 4 parts but was worth it.

1 Like

I am getting the error
HttpError: ConnectFail, curlCode:7, curlMsg:Failed to connect to localhost port 8080: Connection refused

If you look up a few posts you will see that your question was asked just a few days ago.

Hi seems like im getting a number of request exceeded limit error when im rendering.Any fix?

Run less clients. I assume you are working on a higher end PC and running too many clients could burn out http request budget.

well im using a fairly low end laptop,macbook pro mid 2012 intel hd 4000 core i7…
and it has two cores so opened two clients but anyways i fixed it by waiting 1 min every 100 http request by editting the script

1 Like

That was actually the same computer that I originally programmed Ro-Render on so it’s very odd that you would have issues.

I love the idea of this, but i am a bit hesitant about installing the application on my pc :sweat_smile: You should try and make it so it doesnt leave roblox, but good project no of the less!

Alright, so I was trying to render my map to test this out and then I have to go do something, my PC turns off because I was gone for a while and when I come back studio opens back up because of team create and this big purple thing is stuck on my game. How would I fix this? Otherwise I would have to move everything to a entire different place. Which will be a pain and make me essentially hate this plugin, (Sorry :sweat_smile: ) how would I get this away? Where did you locate this is explorer for me to delete? I desperately need this to go away, thanks.