Add a support category for Microsoft store version of Roblox?

Hi,
Since I found this Forum there was always one thing a bit weird. It’s the missing Support Category for the Microsoft Store Version of Roblox (Which I mainly use). I have found several bugs, but since there’s no way I could report them in the right category, I haven’t created any bug reports yet…

2 Likes

This is intentional. The Windows 10 App is legacy and should not be used unless you are expecting bugs. They don’t need to make a category because they won’t be fixing bugs on it.

4 Likes

Oh, Okay, Thank you for your Reply!
I just like it because it is easier to join Games etc.
But Thanks again!

I recommend you to look into the new Windows App Beta instead for that.

2 Likes

This is not why a category for this does not exist. Please don’t assume or make things up.

AFAIK it was overlooked or deemed too niche. Might be worth having it though, since Xbox is also rather niche.

Wouldn’t they still fall under #bug-reports:engine-bugs ? The topics could be tagged with #uwp so that it is easier to find bugs under that app

Engine bugs is for issues with the client. The UWP app is not the client. It would be cleaner to have a category for this, but I don’t know how frequently it would be used.

3 Likes

Why would there be a category if it wasn’t being maintained…?

Xbox is still maintained. UWP is not.

1 Like

Where did you hear this?

Oh, Thank You, I will try this out. :+1:

Since I have found many Bugs of them, I would still think it would worth it.

For me it sounds like it cause more confusion for everybody, app-bugs?? Doesn’t make enough sense for me.

Additionally, I just noticed there’s #bug-reports:mobile-bugs, from the last time I’ve seen, the people who worked in the UWP app seem to have been the same as the Windows App Beta, which is kind of the same as the mobile client since it’s all coded for every platform using that UI.

I’m not 100% sure here, but one of the reasons as well is that the UWP version was made, was mostly for supporting the weird Windows devices which only support UWP Apps and not Win32 programs, those are usually touch screen based.

If I were to report something like this though, I would just contact @Bug-Support and ask them lol.

2 Likes