Model deletes itself if the Handle doesnt have CanCollide on

Hello!
I have been trying to work on a game, and I needed to move a tool (which is a model) to the players viewmodel.
However, if the Primary Part (handle) of the tool has CanCollide off, the tool disappears.
The way the tool disappears is it stays in the place i want it to for about 3 seconds, and then it vanishes out of nowhere.

However, when I turn on CanCollide for the tool handle, the tool stays there normally.
This is a problem because the handle will collide with the character, slowly pushing the player forward.

Any way i can fix this?

Could you give some code please?

The code wouldnt matter. This is a glitch that has been going on for a while. But, if you insist:

local handle = gun.Handle
local motor = viewmodel:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart").Handle

gun.Parent = viewmodel

motor.Part0 = viewmodel:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
motor.Part1 = handle

If you know that this is a glitch from Roblox themselves, you could report it as a bug instead of creating a topic for Scripting Support.

There could be a fix, but I’m not sure because this hasn’t happened to me.

FINALLY. I FIXED THE PROBLEM. heres what happened if someone else had this specific issue:

So, for some reason, the way i was cloning and setting the parent affected the model.

If i cloned the model and set the parent to workspace, then set it to my viewmodel, well, the glitch would happen.

But, if i cloned the model and set the parent to replicated storage, THEN to the viewmodel, for some UKNOWN REASON, this would fix the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.