Model PrimaryPart is lost when streamed out and then back in

While using StreamingEnabled, if a Model’s PrimaryPart is streamed out the Model’s PrimaryPart is set to nil. If that PrimaryPart is streamed back in it does NOT reset itself on the Model so the Model’s PrimaryPart remains nil indefinitely upon being streamed back in. (on the client)

Should be able to reproduce easily by setting PrimaryPart on a model. Moving model far enough away to stream out. Then moving back in. PrimaryPart won’t be reset so any LocalScripts that reference it will error. However, it may be difficult to reproduce on systems with large amounts of memory or if the game isn’t bringing in enough stuff to get the part to actually stream out. On an IPad2/3 which is what I was using to test for Pet Island, it was very easy to get it to happen.

I got around it for now by just finding the PrimaryPart by name when needed but its kinda hacky to do that everywhere.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like