ModelCleaner - Model cleaning made easy and controllable!

A lot of the time, free models are pretty useful if you see something that you like. Unfortunately though, a lot of them have viruses or malicious items in them. Doesn’t it get annoying having to go inside everything and clean by hand? Don’t worry then, because this is just the plugin for you.

Hello everybody! Today, I introduce you to:

ModelCleaner - Model cleaning made easy and controllable!

I haven’t seen any model cleaning plugins (or at least any good/trusted ones), so I made my own! Today, I’d like to share mine. It makes it easy to clean models and folders from the toolbox.
Let me explain what it does!

It comes with four main functions:

Soft Clean

This will only remove SCRIPTS inside of a model or folder. (LuaSourceContainer)

Demonstration:

16d60885e435232c5684b170bec664b4

It removed all of the scripts inside of the model!

Hard Clean

This will remove anything that isn’t a PVInstance (Parts and Models), FaceInstance (Decals and Textures), Mesh, or Accessory.

Demonstration:
7ecc35787a7bed818653ab5a851b6a84

It removed all of the unneccessary welds (over 100) inside of the tree! You could just anchor it to get the same effect.

These next two functions are the ones that give you control!

Clean with Whitelist

This function takes in a list of classes that you type into the TextBox, and deletes anything in your selection that isn’t of a class in the whitelist.

For example, let’s clean this light pole from the toolbox, but only keep BaseParts and JointInstances (welds).

First, we select our model and open up “Clean with Whitelist”

Then, all you’d have to do is specify the classes you want in the whitelist!

Reminder: Check your spelling and make sure it’s separated by commas.

dea0aade6cc0834ae1793510f4aeb4f2

And there we go! Our model is cleaned!
You can see everything that was removed in the Output.

I’ll show you pictures of how this process went:

(All of the parts only had welds in them.)

Original model:

After we cleaned with our whitelist, and decided to only keep BaseParts and JointInstances (the welds):

Clean with Blacklist

Last but not least, we have Clean with Blacklist, which is basically the opposite of Clean with Whitelist!

In this one, everything of a class in your specified blacklist gets deleted. Everything else is ignored.

Let’s get another light pole and clean it again, but this time with a blacklist. Let’s blacklist JointInstances (welds) and LuaSourceContainers (scripts).

a621998d52d9df28dc053e43a4dc386d

Voila!
Again, you can see everything that was removed in the Output.

(Remember, all of the parts with children were only welds)

Original model:

After we cleaned and only added JointInstances (welds) and LuaSourceContainers (scripts) to the blacklist:

Where do I get it?

You can get the plugin here! Enjoy :+1:

If there are any bugs, please report them to me so that I can fix them. Thank you!

Also, to check out all of ROBLOX’s classes, you can refer to developer.roblox.com

16 Likes

Some of the aspects of the plugin are easily done by the command bar, but honestly, a plugin is much more accessible/easier especially for beginners/people who dont script. Nice job.

1 Like

Excellent plugin for cleaning up free models and getting rid of backdoor scripts.

1 Like

Thank you for the appreciation! The first two are pretty easy to use with the command bar if you can script, but the last two are much more complex; and also using the command bar is pretty ugly/messy. There’s also InCommand, but that would get messy too and they don’t have tabbing

So, I made it into an easy to use plugin with a nice UI for everyone :+1:

Thank you for liking my plugin!