Modelers, is it possible to make working guns without blender?

As you see in the title, Is it possible for me, a builder, can make guns without blender? I did search before making a new topic (from my eyes and knowledge)

2 Likes

If you mean building one, of course, but it will take alot of time and will take away from the game’s performance (depends highly on the amount of parts) Low-Poly works too. I really suggest using blender for that, it doesn’t take alot of knowledge to make a low poly gun, can be doable with a week of blender experience.

1 Like

And I dont really see any other software besides blender and roblox studio to do so.
(Maya exists but its expensive)

Absolutely! When it comes to building, you can make almost anything in Studio!

1 Like

You can make one with the building tools, you shouldn’t, but you can.

Theres also Maya, 3ds Max and other modeling software.

2 Likes

I assume you mean can you make one on ROBLOX Studio when you say without blender. Possible to make it, yes. Advised to make it without Blender, no.

1 Like

The guns in Phantom Forces are insanely-complex CSG. So yeah, it’s totally doable.

1 Like

So your saying all the guns aren’t actually meshes but unions?! That’s a big shock for me…

Back to the answer. Yes it is. I once tried to make a gun without meshes but it turned out that I couldn’t manage to replicate some details. If your going for a build without much details, I think you should be alright, however I do recommend blender because it is a free, versatile and easy to learn software, summing up from what Just_T0m said.

1 Like

I tried making guns from Blender but I struggled to place down the parts to start building the weapon and turning it to mesh, so I gave up. However, I am willing to try again if you link me some videos and/or tutorials from another post of a reply doing so.

You totally can, but it’s highly advised you do not (it will get really messy).
Haven’t used blender in a while but I’m quite sure to place meshes it’s shift + A

1 Like

hi… make it wihout blendr is harder becouse with blender u can make better and better modeled parts

1 Like

Blender 2.8 and 2.9 is extremely user friendly, I know I’m pretty late but just download the program and mess around, you’ll find it is faster to do a model in a blender than it is in Roblox. My first 3d model was in 3Ds max (when that was popular) making a Sten it was terrible but worked for the game I was making.

You can absolutely use Roblox to build it but it won’t be nearly as optimized as it could be you have tons of resources on this website who are willing to show you the ropes of Blender myself included.

1 Like