More security or removal of deleting accessories/packages/gears

Recently I was browsing the Roblox forums, and saw a really good idea. Someone said that their alt got hacked, and the hacker deleted their items. They suggested that in order to delete items, you should enter your Roblox account’s pin number. I then just thought why not just disable deleting accessories in general? It was removed from limiteds, but then remained for non-limiteds. I know that Roblox is trying to improve the security of its users, but there will always be a way to get into someone’s account. So I am proposing that Roblox remove the feature of deleting accessories/packages/gears/etc or add a more secure way, like the pin idea, for deleting items.

11 Likes

People don’t like to see items/assets that went “wrong”/“never finnished”.
That’s why many models, get’s removed from people’s profiles.
As you say, why not keep it?
Decals has never had a “remove” button, and it’s REALLY annoying, as you see decals, that got denied, that you will NEVER use ever.
And can’t do anything with it.

So for me, your suggestion goes under the part of “if your tired of it, delete it”
Category.
But security, like pin, would help against bots/scripts in chrome, for removing/deleting models etc.

2 Likes
Decals actually do have a delete button...

This is also why I proposed that this be rolled out for accessories/packages/gears, because there is no reason to delete one of those items if you paid for it.

2 Likes

Hm, that button is well hidden.
As it doesn’t show up on the develop page (witch i think it should have)

Yeah support

I never really understood why you could delete items
It’s such a waste

5 Likes

I actually suggested the same thing awhile back!

To expand onto this idea, since I had some interesting feedback in that thread, is perhaps we could have a hide button for such items? It would replace the delete button, and essentially act as if the item is deleted, but allow the user to restore said item whenever they please. This would remove any permanent removal of items, while still giving the behavior of “removing those bad items” some users wish to do.

4 Likes

I like the hide button! It would be on a specific item’s page and would only hide it from the visible inventory that way nothing will ever be deleted.

3 Likes

Security is number one priotoity

See more of my posts scattered here

1 Like

I dont agree with the part where you want to remove the deleting feature, as thats pretty straight to the point and can also be a disadvantage. However the security thing was good. Maybe make it a setting where you can decide between using PIN, 2-step verification or email

1 Like

As I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread, perhaps a hiding feature would be better for official Roblox clothes/accessories/etc?

It’d act like deleting, by acting as if you don’t own the item, but with the ability to recover the item, and no true way to lose the item, giving both users who wish to still delete items, and users who wish to keep their items safe, what they want.

2 Likes

They finally did it.

2 Likes