Mouse Icon Issues

Hello developers! Today I need your help fixing something.

I made the mouse invisible and covered it with my own icon, which is updated every RenderStepped. The only problem is that the original mouse icon becomes invisible again for whatever reason when hovering over a GUI item. The false icon ImageLabel has a higher ZIndex than the other GUI items. Do you guys know how I may fix this?

1 Like

The problem here is that interactive GUI elements (such as buttons) change the cursor. It’d be great if we could customize this ‘hover’ icon, but we can’t (cough feature request material).

However, we already have an alternative. Since you are using a custom mouse icon, all you need to do is disable the mouse icon visibility in UserInputService (with no need for a custom, empty icon, either):

UserInputService.MouseIconEnabled = false
2 Likes

Set the ‘Active’ state to ‘false’ for the buttons. Mouse events will still register. I’m not sure if that will mess with default gamepad controller navigation though.

Edit: Just to understand the consequences of setting ‘Active’ to false, here is what the official documentation for ‘Active’ states:

4 Likes