Move/add "Insert Object" toggle to View menu

As a Roblox developer, it’s currently annoying to have to remember where the toggle for the Insert Object panel is. Pretty much all panels can be toggled from the “View” menu, but for some reason Insert Object is located under Model.

This may seem somewhat pedantic, so allow me to provide a bit of context: I teach game development to kids–about the age where they need to be walked through what buttons to press and which mouse button to use. I have to verbally walk someone through opening the Insert Object panel (along with other panels) at least 20 times a day. Currently, the workflow is View > enable Explorer and Properties > Model > Insert Object. This could be simplified very easily to View > enable Explorer, Properties, and Insert Object.

Teaching aside, I remember when I was first getting used to the new layout–it took me far longer than it should have to find the Insert Object menu, and for months I would constantly forget and have trouble finding it (the only reason I remember it now is because how annoying its location is :stuck_out_tongue:)

In conclusion, I believe the Insert Object menu should be moved/added to the View menu alongside all of the other panel controls.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I could have a single place to manage currently open panels.

9 Likes