Multiple parameters for a single animation event

I currently have a few animations for a fighting game, some of those animation involve multiple effects at certain moments in the animation, so I’m using animation events for them.

I don’t want to create a new connection for each marker, I usually name each one of them “Effect” and have the parameter specify what effect it would be. This usually works fine, but I want to be able to have more detail, as in, if I have a “fire” effect, also specify what part would be the origin.

But, animation events only allow for a single parameter. So I can only specify what effect it would be but not other parameters like the origin part, duration, etc.

Is there a way to get around this issue? I tried making them a table (For example, I did {“WeaponSummon”, “Left Arm”, 2}) but since it’s a string it didn’t work.

EDIT: Editing instead of adding another answer because as far as I’m aware that won’t bump the thread

After much deliberation I realized that the solution lied in doing the parameter as a string and then using JSONDecode to turn it into a table, can’t believe I didn’t realize this sooner

2 Likes