Music to only start playing for one player on block touch

Hello!
I am making a game, and when a player walks through a block, I would like the music volume to change to 0.5, but only for that person. I would also like the outside music to be set to 0, but once again, only for the person that walked through the block. So if I went through it, I wouldn’t hear the normal music but my friend would still.

This is my script so far…
It works for starting the ‘Caribbean Music’, but it plays it for everybody, and doesn’t stop the normal music.

Currently using a regular script inside the part… I have tried a local script inside the part but it does not work.

Thank you!

1 Like

The reason the local script did not work is because localscripts only run within: StarterPlayerScripts or StarterCharacterScripts or StarterPlayerGui.

I reccomend putting the script inside of StarterCharacterScripts and then instead of doing script.Parent.Touched, do game.Workspace.Part.Touched

2 Likes

I now have a local script inside StarterPlayerScripts, but when one person touches it, the music starts for everyone again. The music is located inside a folder in ReplicatedStorage.

1 Like