My first gun system

Hello fellow developers! I created my first gun system today! Here’s the link to it:

I think so far it’s pretty smooth, but if anyone wants to test it out/finds any bugs please let me know! :slight_smile:

I made this gun system in about a week and a half and I’m really impressed with myself as before I was afraid to even touch gun systems as I thought they were super complex.

Tutorial on how to use it:
Each gun uses different ammo, there’s an InClip and a Total for every weapon. When the total runs out or if you’re low on ammo, you have to find the box with the corresponding ammo type and press “E” while hovering over the ammo restock to restock your bullets.

To fire the gun you must press “F” to raise the weapon upon which you will be able to shoot it.

“C” to crouch, “LShift” to sprint, “R” to reload (gun must be raised to do this).

Let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It is broken, controls are weird. Try to fit with the general layout, click to shoot, etc. When I tried to deselect weapons’, they disappeared, and the game just isn’t too user friendly. Good game but hard to use.

1 Like

So far, nice work, liked the reload animations. Not sure what style this system is going for, but it’s a bit inconvenient that you have to press “F” to be able to fire guns.

1 Like

Did you manage to screenshot the devlog

Yes I realize it’s inconvenient, but it is for a group and it serves a purpose.

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:

It does not work on phone :confused:

1 Like

Sprint is unlimited and add some recoil

Sprint is unlimited? Did you check the logs?

I mean it’s your first system as you claimed, there are a lot of things that i would certainly do differently though I guess it’s to be expected since it is your first.

1. I would try use much simpler system your job as a developer should be to make it intuitive for the user while still making the game style unique. So what i mean is you can include general features from other games then just improve upon it, but remember this “there is no need to re invent the wheel”
  2. Game play seems slower than normal, You should make the walking animations and reload animations seem more aggressive, Its just how ive seen other games do it, right now it seems like a very unprofessional child just learned to use a gun :crazy_face:
  3. Stick to making the game functional I see you made gun system, yes. But you also included a item loot system, though i couldn’t get it to function. You should prioritise making a game functional before adding other game content.
  4. Go wild, if you can follow the steps above nothing stopping you from using your imagination

EDIT: My bad the animations were glitched for me, perks of having a HDD i guess. The animations are solid not to worry