My First Showcase: The Cave

Hello there! I’m DavidNet22. I recently became interested in 2D arts and drawings, but today I had some kind of feeling in my body and decided to make my first creation on Roblox!
Here I have some pics and the link if you want to help me out by donating or just take a look at it!
I’m not very experienced in building, so maybe some things can look weird, but I tried my best and I hope you like it.

Btw, if you can give me some feedback I would appreciate it!

Pictures of "The Cave"

Thanks for reading! I will be waiting for your feedback!

4 Likes

This is great for you first creation but I feel like adding ShadowMap would definitely improve your place by a mile, but other than that good job!

1 Like

The lighting and textures really go well as it is a cave and since this is your first showcase, it’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! Also, I’m knida new at this… Can you explain me what ShadowMap is?

Shadowmap is a lighting setting that makes shadows more defined and changes the lighting of your entire game. You can find the setting in Lighting then find Technology. With that you have the option to change your games lighting technology from Voxel to Shadowmap.

Hope this helps your showcase! :grin:

1 Like

This reminds me of a build sheasu, like he did the cave with the beam of light, even with your avatar next to it. I’m sure you saw his video, but your build is good.

2 Likes

This video:

But i see you took inspiration (Maybe), also i think you made a mistake with the gui, i’m sure it’s suppose to span across the whole screen but because of different screen sizes for mine it only spans across half of it.

1 Like

So far I like the showcase! I like the peaceful feel of the cavern that truly helps me relax. I like the beam of light coming down from an opening in the cave as well. Theres a few things I would change though.

Critique:

• Bump up the volume of your ambient sound the make it more immersive and even more relaxing. I also don’t hear any sounds when out of the water. I recommend you change that!

• Add more build aspects by making the torches and sign more detailed. Or even adding more human presenceby adding a few wooden broken down structures. (If your ever curious on how to further detail objects feel free to just look up items on the internet for inspiration.)

So far the showcase has plenty of promise and is an amazing place to look around. I enjoyed checking out this showcase, and good luck in the future! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! Yep, I saw the thumbnail of that video and thought: “I can do that”

I’m a sub of @Sheasu, but I didn’t saw the video, so everything was made by myself.

Thanks for your feedback!

Yep, it looks good on Studio, but when I entered the game I saw that too; I’m currently working to correct that

Hello, really glad you like it!
As I said, I’m really a begginer in this, so… Can you give me some advices?
How can I choose my ambient music? How fo I create one? How can I create more realistic models?

Thanks again for your time!

I really like this, nice job dude!

1 Like

You can always find ambient music off of the Audio section of the Library (Just simply look up ambience/ambient sound.) or in studio just use the toolbox to search through a variety of audio. To publish your own audio you have to download a mp3 file of your audio and wait for it to be approved by Roblox.

Simply try to recreate real life images of real wooden structures, lanterns, etc. A way you can try to make more realistic models and recreate these images is by using plugins like:

Good luck on further building! :grin: (Sorry it took me a while to reply!)

1 Like