Roblox alt accounts, how they are harmful

People making alternate accounts on Roblox can be bad for games targeted for raids, subject to trolls, etc. What makes alt accounts so bad though? Well imagine this; a player is repeatedly bypassing inappropriate content in your game, this problem has persisted and the account has not been moderated. `What can a developer do? Well, a developer can make a minimum age requirement and try banning alt alts, but what about if they make a wave of alts and keep coming back to cause trouble? Developers are helplessly at the hands of Roblox moderation, how can we fix this?

Having a setting where developers can blacklist users may solve this issue, Roblox tracks multiple things undisclosed to us, using these various things Roblox can check if any user’s is identical and ban it. Using layers of different methods to make evading tedious as well as having a minimum account age script in your game can make this incredibly tedious for the player. This could overall reduce alts.

2 Likes

I don’t really think this kind of thing should be developer-facing and it sounds pretty confusing for a relatively trivial problem. Try focusing on problems instead of proposed solutions.

5 Likes

I will simplify the solution and explain in detail why alt accounts can be a major issue, thanks for the feedback.

Not sure this will prevent anything. They can just clear cookies, use VPN, and spoof their HWID, and bam this feature is defeated

They can do that, but I believe Roblox traces multiple other identifiable things, if all of them or most of them or checked it will make changing them all tedious and time-consuming. I am unsure how much Roblox tracks, but if it does, however, track a lot of these things, it could make it a lot more tedious.

Yes, but they have to be obtained from a user’s machine, since it’s their machine, their rules. They don’t even have to change anything, just spoof the functions that get that information.

Aren’t HWID bans easy but tedious to spoof? If they had to edit all that as well it would make it more tedious even without the other checkers.

Does not follow category guidelines.

Is a duplicate of numerous topics about a game service to track ip/hwid bans in developers’ games.