My new fps game looks nothing like Roblox it looks like Battlefield or Call Of Duty

Wow, I never thought people would really act like this because I’m using the new Roblox assets pack lol

You are incredibly immature right now, just learn to accept the feedback given to you. It is a popular opinion to be using your own assets and actually make something unique.

2 Likes

Umm… I’m glad to get feedback even if it’s bad that’s why I made this post

Please tell me why I would need to recreate the exact same assets to just satisfy you

I was literally cringing soo hard when you said that lol

Roblox made that asset pack so people can add realistic vegetation to their game and you saying “He stole a bunch of assets” is honestly stupid and incredibly immature, the asset pack is public for people to use and it’s sure isn’t meant for people to say “hey you are using free models so you bad” that’s simply just a redisclose thing to say.

1 Like

You do know that there are companies like Quixel that create assets for professional video games designers.

Whoa… are you sure that’s ROBLOX? Do my eyes decieve me?!

I really don’t know how Roblox went from

This

To This

2 Likes

The game looks realistic as a whole but when I played there was no point to it, I was just wandering a badly optimised map whilst being disturbed with how my character held the gun. Reading above, yes the game looks good, yes the assets are free to use but still the point of being a successful developer is the ability to think of and execute your own ideas without using assets that are handed to you. Anyone can make things look good if handed good looking assets but if you don’t know how to pull it off yourself there is no future. My end verdict of the game is that it is a well put together mix and match of free to use assets.

Why would I recreate the same assets when I can just use the one already made, what’s the point?

You don’t have to create your own assets when there’s already assets to use

What’s the point? Well, if every game on roblox used the same assets, you would agree they all would look the same. Realism isn’t a look every player of roblox likes, I am going to stereotype here and say that the main demographic of children enjoy bright, cartoony looking games. And referring to your point on ‘Why make my own assets’, yes, using pre-made assets is time efficient but is it unique? As I said before there is no future in development if you A) as a solo dev cannot execute all key points of development B) Don’t have a team that helps you by taking up specific roles to help make a co-ordinated and well put together game.

1 Like

The theme is realism witch is not a unique theme

If I was going for a specific art style like a cartoon theme I would then create unique assets for my game

The new Roblox asset pack is not meant to be unique it’s suppose to be realistic, Roblox wants people to use those assets for vegetation for a more realistic environment.

1 Like

You’re missing my point, your game looks good yes, but you relied on free assets. Say we’re in a parallel world where these assets do not exist, will you be able to make a game to the standard it is now with the models given to you simply not there. Say this does happen, would you be able to continue visual improvements? Would you be able to make new maps and experiences for your player base? The answer is no unless you are skilled to that level or you made the assets in your game, if not your game visuals will drop and simply not look as good as it did before and the people who play for an immersive, realistic experience will leave.

Been following this post for a while, but havent gotten around to commenting. My thoughts:

Yes, using pre-made assets run risk of every game looking the same. These assets were released a month ago(?), and I agree with the original claim, this game does NOT look the same as everything else. Nice work!

As far as balancing your skills, you should probably move on to the scripting/optimization side. As far as taking assets and building a realistic world, you got that down. Hold off on modeling. Don’t go making your own assets until you can balance your current building skills with roblox constraints.

1 Like

Thankyou for the amazing post.

Look at the different of these photo they are both using the same assets but still look completely different.

1 Like