Need advice how to handle collisions for 'unique/complex' shapes?

I made this ‘amazing’ car in Blender…if it matters, the body and windows are 2 separate meshes*, ignore the wheels.
Roblox_QQ_car
And I am curious what the best practice to handle collisions is. I want the player collision to follow the angles of the windows.

Using CollisionFidelity – Precise seems to give good results, but I hear it is heavy on server resources.

Using CollisionFidelity – Hull apparently uses less server resources, but the player doesn’t follow the shape of the car very well, (there is a noticeable gap between the car and the player in certain corners)
Roblox_QQ_car_hitboxGap

Otherwise, I make the car NoCollide and use basic Studio parts to make my own collision box. (partially transparent to show it has a hollow cavity on the inside)

Roblox_QQ_car_hitbox

This collision box gives near perfect results and uses 9 blocks and 2 wedges.

From my understanding, the game handles physics for basic Studio parts very well.

So, what’s the best way to deal with collisions here, or with even more complex objects? My primary focus here is minimal server resource usage.

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated!
Thanks!

1 Like

heavier on the server. that’s true. however that mesh has no more then 100 tris. and if it had close to 1000 it wouldn’t matter to much to the performance. the difference is negligible. its like saying im not going to use textures or decals because it messes up performance. they are about equal id say. just dont use it if it doesn’t need it. and if you do that you will be just fine.

If you want some pretty precise hitboxes/collisions then you can scroll down to “behaviors” in your meshpart’s properites and where it says “collision fidelity” you select “PreciseConvexDecomposition”. See here: https://gyazo.com/9c5dfe9ae07f839ee7c6c0f39e28d12c