Need feedback on logo

Hi!
I’m a digital artist and I’ve just made my first logo. I would like to hear some feedback on how I can improve my design, as I’m looking forward to expanding my variety of commissions. You can look at my current portfolio here. I drew the bottle myself.
Thanks!

27 Likes

I don’t see any necessary adjustments. The contrast and color choice seems to compliment each other. Not sure if this is hand drawn but it’s pretty detailed and aesthetic.

Good work, also viewed your portfolio as well, loved the drawings.

2 Likes

I would look into fixing stuff like this, also maybe adding more spacing around the “of”, making it smaller, or doing something like

Realm
   of Magic

where the of is really small, also not that much line spacing :stuck_out_tongue:

Never really done logo work personally, I would fix the tiny inconsistencies (also vector is a great thing to be using - Sketchapp or Figma are great for this) and the text but other than that it looks great!

2 Likes

I’m a complete rookie when it comes to vector art, so this was hand-drawn. Thanks for your suggestion!

1 Like

Vector art is often easier than hand-drawing actually, once you get to know the pen tool. :stuck_out_tongue:

Invest your time into learning it now because being able to scale your logo infinitely and edit the shapes individually is absolutely invaluable and it will be so convenient in the future I promise!! And if you want to recolor it or make variations of it or anything like that, YES you can do that too.

2 Likes

Here’s a crappy concept to illustrate (get it?) what I meant with the “realm / of magic” thing:

Sucks but maybe you can make it work. :stuck_out_tongue: This or a variation of it.

2 Likes

I get the idea now :smile: Thanks for helping! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

barfs out another random concept

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have fun!

3 Likes

It is amazing but from personal preference I would change the the parts of the m’s that are out side of the bottle to be opal and purple. Keep up the good work can’t wait to see more from you! :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks fantastic, no need to change it. The logo for my group is literally just fading spiral shape.

Yours is quite better than mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I actually like the wonky lines and simplicity of this logo! Makes it all more authentic :smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I do like it however the text maybe needs to be a bit smaller. I would say that going over and checking for small details is the best choice, other than that: everything is great! :grin:

1 Like

I used Inkscape, except it saves as a .svg so I use the snipping tool to screenshot it and make it transparent with Lunapic’s transparency tool, then I used Photopea for its gradient tool.

2 Likes

I would advise you to not put any watermarks on any future logos that you create. Not only does it take away from the visual, but it’s also very easy to take out in Adobe Photoshop and so you just put a watermark there for nothing.

Instead, for next time I would pixelize it more or just lower the quality of it so that way the hard copy cannot be fraudly stolen.

1 Like

I see, thank you for your insight. I’ll have to look more into how to lower the quality, but it does seem to be better than a watermark

I think it looks great! My only suggestion would be to make the shimmers/glitter bigger. Great work it’s beautiful! :slightly_smiling_face: