Need feedback on the low poly ak

Hi there, Today I’ve made a low poly gun - ak, and I’m looking for harsh critique and opinions.

18 Likes

Amazing! As an not-so-gun guy, I don’t know much about guns, but this looks good! Keep it up!! One thing, shadows. How does this look in studio? Just wanna know so I can compare it to the real life one :wink:

1 Like

I can’t really say anything harsh about this. I can say that you did good on this. I really like the front end of the gun.

1 Like

Amazing!! If you are looking for criticism, the only thing I would say is that, even if it is low poly, it looks very rigid. Maybe try putting a few more cuts in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks really good! Theres so much detail, good job! :smiley:

2 Likes

honestly pretty good, and by definition you did make a low poly gun, however low poly to me, is about interpretation, how to make something that is close enough to the real gun but also being uniquely your own. an example of this(not an amazing one but close enough) would be jailbreaks gun models. they are pretty lackluster in my opinion but i appreciate them because they arent m16’s with less triangles they are different in a recognizable way. anyway if the style you ended up with is good to you, go for it! there is nothing wrong with that gun.

1 Like

Holy- This is 100/10. I am just speechless. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi there, my gun was a mix of stylized low-poly with something realistic, I’m quite proud of how it looks.
However, geometry is more close to something realistic:

It’s 3180 triangles!

3 Likes

Epic! Pretty nice, I like the style definitely looks low poly but still has some way of the AK

1 Like

Hi there, I’ve made 2 version - first low poly and second low poly but with build-in textures, here are the results:

with textures

!

without textures/ recolored

3 Likes

Nice look good man what if u choose material as a glass would look sick

Actually, it gives cool looking effect :+1:

1 Like

It looks amazing :star_struck:

I’ll be harsh if you want…

The handle has some face clipping issues near the top. The entire gun looks very sharp, Aiming looks awkward (might just be the shadows), The bottom of the mag has extra faces, the entire gun looks triangulated in stead of quadriulated, A lot of the shading kinda just looks off (might be the shadows again), and the rear sight is too low.

In game, it looks so cool! Trust me, you have talent <3

1 Like

Yeah handle had some weird triangles however I fixed it already, gun is sharp because I used flat shade
but probably its fault of my rendering skills :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yee now it will give u cool refection effect on map if u increase reflection effect :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

dont beat yourself up from it.

It is still amazing. Far better than what I can do!

1 Like