Need help figuring out how to get boulder to not be stuck

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to be able to make the boulder follow the path without getting stuck
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m trying to get a boulder to follow a path but it gets stuck obviously because the turn is a sharp turn. I need to figure out what I could do to get the boulder to keep going on the path without getting stuck because I have no idea.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I am fairly new to scripting so I tried use Bodyvelocity to launch it to the side to keep it going but it didn’t work.
1 Like

You could try increasing the body velocity so that it goes farther, and if it goes over, just raise the walls a little bit. (A video would help a lot btw)

Hi thank you for the reply! I have recorded a video to show you what I’m trying to do. At the end of the video I kinda of try to show the idea. I was wondering if I could somehow use like a pathfinding system for the boulder or something. I had to upload the video to my youtube so i’ll leave the link to the video it said my file size was too big. Boulder Video

you could always try streamable, it’s what I use for discord(the file size limit is so low on discord :pensive:)

Here’s a couple of options.

1. You could use TweenService to tween the boulder down the path (Would look kinda robotic though and less like a boulder rolling down a hill).
  2. You could just add a invisible wedge at that corner, which I think would help move it down the hill (My suggestion0/

Is there anyway I can make the invisible wedge only there for boulder. I don’t know if that sounds stupid because I dont want the player running and then there is just an invisble part

1 Like

There’s nothing stupid about this! That is a viable question :smile:
You can use Collision groups for this, it should do exactly what you want. The article is for player teams, but I believe you can set collision groups to whatever you want.