(FOUND A GAME IDEA!) Need help finding a game idea... Thoughts?

(sorry if in the wrong category, im a new member and cant access most topics)

I’ve tried almost for an hour to ask me and my community what kind of game idea they want me to make. Do any of you have thoughts on game idea’s? Please DevForum… Help.

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? A really good game idea that me and my team like.

2. What is the issue? I can’t find a good game idea…

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? I’ve asked my community over 5 times!

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

Edit: I will keep you all posted on the forum on a new thread soon, because I have found a game idea…

4 Likes

FYI there is a lot of topics on this. Might want to search this up.

Answer to your topic:

1. What game genre would you want to make?

2. Do you want to make a game on this genre?

3. What ideas aren’t really used yet? (Would be helpful in making your game unique)

4. Get inspiration from the games on ROBLOX right now (reference to my topic when trying to figure out my next step First step of game design/making [What should I do? Where should I start?] On what inspiration from games is) [look at my game idea hybrid]

5. Make a game plan for your idea (this is after you have finalized your idea.) Write a plan in a notebook, etc. Make a flow map, timeline, etc.

3 Likes

There are already many threads on this topic, I’d suggest looking at those. In the future, please be careful to search the forum for similar topics before making your own.

Answer to your reply.

1. I want the genre in between mystery, adventure, and town and city.
  2. Yes I want to make a game on that genre.
  3. I haven’t used an idea like breaking point where you’re a detective etc
  4. Tried to get inspiration. Unfortuneatly I haven’t gotten inspired.

Are you trying to be original or is imagination your weakness when it comes to development?

In my opinion with coming up for a game idea you have two routes.

Route 1: The Moral High Ground
Build a game you’d want to play. Don’t ask for other opinions. Just come up with your own. Launch the game and then take feedback from there. Your game will feel more honest and candid. Not so much of a money grab.

Route 2: The Money Grab
Look through the front page and use something that’s working well as inspiration. Adapt that game into something slightly different. (Example. Make a simulator.)

5 Likes
  1. Find a genre you like
  2. Get inspiration from books, already-existing games, and etc.
  3. Add one little piece of each inspiration into your game.
  4. Be creative and add more things as you create your game.
1 Like

You could do this however by avoiding the process of elimination you’ll put yourself at risk by allowing bad game designs to remain in your head.

What I’d recommend doing is the following:

Form a budget than think of a game concept.

Don’t dwell on originality, it’s a burden for an amateur developer. Trust me when I say it isn’t worth stressing over.

Make sure the concept can be monetized, if it’s unbalanced between P2P or F2P you’ll encounter problems throughout the testing stages.

Keep an open mind , sometimes you’ve created a bad game design and you’ll have to let it go. It isn’t easy especially if it’s your first as you’ll grow an emotional attachment to that concept. Designs aren’t written in stone and be prepared to substitute concepts if necessary.

I’ve been doing it this way for a while, and it tends to work. If you build a game that you and your friends can bash around in for a few hours together, plenty of other people will enjoy it to. That’s just been my philosophy though.

Both imagination, and development.

Mind sharing? The game idea…just curious