Need help with projectile

Ok so basically i’m making a sword skill which makes a slash shoot outward as a projectile. As far as shooting it out, it works. But my problem is it only shoots out in one direction instead of in front of the character, i’ve went around on discord asking for help but nobody seems to know the answer so I’ve finally decided to bring this up here hoping someone knows why this is happening.

Here is my code:
Server Sided:

local Active = false

local HitNumber = 0
local slasho = game.ReplicatedStorage.Slash:Clone()
game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild(“SwingEvent2”).OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player)
Active = true
local swinganim = Instance.new(“Animation”)
swinganim.AnimationId = game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”):WaitForChild(“SwordConfiguration”).Swing.Value
local swinganimtrack = player.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(swinganim)
swinganimtrack:Play()
player.Character.Sword.Sword.Swing:Play()
slasho.Parent = game.Workspace
slasho.CFrame = player.Character.Torso.CFrameCFrame.new(0,0,-5)
–slasho.CFrame = slasho.CFrame * CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(1.5,0,0)
local BV = Instance.new(“BodyVelocity”,slasho)
BV.MaxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge,math.huge,math.huge)
BV.Velocity = player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.lookVector
delay(.360,function()
local attachment0 = Instance.new(“Attachment”,player.Character.Sword.Sword)
attachment0.Position = Vector3.new(0.087, -0, -0.501)
local attachment1 = Instance.new(“Attachment”,player.Character.Sword.Sword)
attachment1.Position = Vector3.new(0.078, -0, 2.272)
local trail = player.Character.Sword.Sword.Trail
trail.Attachment0 = attachment0
trail.Attachment1 = attachment1
delay(.490,function()
attachment0:Destroy()
attachment1:Destroy()
swinganim:Destroy()
swinganimtrack:Stop()
end)
end)

player.Character.Sword.Sword.Touched:Connect(function(toucher)
if toucher.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”) ~= nil then
if game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”).HitVals:FindFirstChild(“HitVal”…toucher.Parent.Name) == nil then
local hitted = toucher.Parent
print(toucher.Parent.Name)
toucher.Parent.Humanoid:TakeDamage(game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild(“SwordConfiguration”).Damage.Value)
local hitter = Instance.new(“Folder”,game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”).HitVals)
hitter.Name = “HitVal”…toucher.Parent.Name
end
end
end)
Active = false
for i,v in pairs(game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”).HitVals:GetChildren()) do
v:Destroy()
end
end)

I am not looking for someone to give me the code, I am simply looking to learn why it is doing this and how I can fix it or if there are better methods to doing this.

Although what you are doing would be ideal giving the type of game it is, I recommend you make the projectile travel in the direction that they clicked from the humanoidrootpart or where ever you want the projectile to launch from in general.

You can easily send the position or direction that the player has clicked through the “SwingEvent2” and do all the appropriate math on the server so that the projectile travels correctly.

Again I don’t know what you personally have planned but I recommend this for the soul fact that players won’t have to rotate their character or make sure their characters are facing a certain direction in order to aim at their target.

I have fixed this, I was cloning the part outside of the function

1 Like