Need to find groups of related games/places easily

As a developer, it is hard to manage multiple projects on a group, because I can’t easily sort between related places of a particular project.

I may have multiple games/places for a particular project X: a production environment for X, test environment for X, a baseplate where I work on mechanics/features for X separately, a quick-prototyping place where I hack things together to validate that they will work in the real game, etc.

It would be nice if there was a way to put multiple places/games into a project folder in Studio so I can easily find all things related to project X. Games with multiple places do not suffice because I like to keep places in the game related to the actual production/test environment. (I don’t want to have random test places floating around in the game, since I don’t want players / my code to accidentally teleport players there, etc.) Also it is not possible to have a test environment on the same game as the production environment because a game can only have 1 starter place.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would make it easier to organize and manage my project.

20 Likes